- Clovis Unified rejects proposed charter school that would teach in English and Punjabi
- Mar 22, 6:21 AM: The Clovis Unified School District Board unanimously rejected a proposal Wednesday to establish an English-Punjabi charter school in the district.
- Ross Valley Charter sues school district for more classrooms
- > Mar 20, 6:37 AM: Saying they had “no choice,” officials of the Ross Valley Charter School have filed a lawsuit against the Ross Valley School District over the district’s projected 2018-19 school year space allocations for the charter at
- Education Matters: Apprenticeship Career Skills
- > Mar 20, 6:28 AM: Nearly every school in Fresno County offers Career Technical Education courses, and the areas of study range from agriculture to the arts. Educators in Career Tech Education put students in real world situations to test
- This charter school wants to open in response to bullying. But will CUSD allow it?
- > Mar 20, 5:12 AM: Members of the Punjabi community in Clovis Unified have proposed a charter school partially in response to a study that showed 67 percent of turbaned youth in Fresno experience some kind of bullying. The One & Only Academy
- Charter school faces an uncertain future
- > Mar 19, 6:01 AM: A Sonora charter school is at risk of having its charter revoked or not renewed by the Tuolumne County Board of Education due to a decline in state-administered academic test performance and concerns about their fiscal
- California state board of Ed OK's charter for College Prep Middle
- Mar 16, 7:05 AM: The California State Board of Education of Thursday agreed to sponsor the charter of College Preparatory Middle School in La Mesa.
- New charter school denied for SLVUSD
- Mar 16, 5:04 AM: At last week’s board meeting, the San Lorenzo Valley School Unified District voted unanimously to deny a petition to form a new independent charter middle school.
- Charter school granted nearly $14M in Prop 51 funds
- Mar 15, 5:11 AM: Leaders for the Charter School of Morgan Hill confirmed this week that they have been granted nearly $14 million in Proposition 51 state rehabilitation funds to help revitalize their aging campus.
- Getting Involved Inspires Students at Ingenuity Charter School
- > Mar 15, 5:03 AM: Ingenuity Charter School – an independent study program that blends online learning with in-class instruction to serve underrepresented high schoolers – recognizes that community involvement and civic engagement are at the
- Opinion: Greater local control over charter schools
- > Mar 15, 4:57 AM: But the state board, which under current law can overrule districts and counties by approving new charters, found Paramount’s proposed budget “reasonable” and signed on to oversee the school. The decision meant that San
- North Hollywood High students, charter school unite against sharing a campus
- Mar 14, 6:21 AM: A preliminary Los Angeles Unified School District offer to a charter school to share a campus with North Hollywood High School is getting a thumbs down from concerned parties on both sides.
- Bellevue Union school board votes to close charter school
- Mar 13, 4:46 AM: Stony Point Academy’s 150 students will have to look for a new school and its teachers look for new jobs after the Bellevue Union school board decided Monday night to shut down the charter school.
- Editorial: Metro Charter School’s Long and Painful Saga
- Mar 13, 4:37 AM: Downtown Los Angeles is failing one of its most important institutions. It is well beyond time for those who have the power to make a difference to actually do so.
- Report Calls for Pressuring School Districts to Turn Over School Sites to Charter Groups
- > Mar 12, 5:04 AM: A recent report produced by a pro-charter school policy organization says that the continued rapid expansion of charter schools in the Bay Area, including Oakland, has been significantly undercut by the shortage of
- Stony Point Academy back on the chopping block
- Mar 9, 6:35 AM: Stony Point Academy finds itself back on the chopping block, months after district trustees backed off the possibility of shuttering the southwest Santa Rosa charter school.
- High-Performing Charter School Expansion Faces Challenges
- > Mar 8, 7:40 AM: A high-performing charter school in La Mesa is facing challenges because local districts are rejecting its requests for oversight. This is a problem for College Preparatory Middle School because charter schools require
- La Mesa-based charter school looking for state to authorize it
- Mar 7, 6:42 AM: College Preparatory Middle School, a high-performing La Mesa-based charter school, is asking the state Board of Education to sponsor it for the next five years.
- North Hollywood High may have to share its campus with a charter school, and these students aren’t happy about it
- Mar 5, 7:26 AM: Students at North Hollywood High School are spearheading a fight to stop a charter school from potentially sharing their campus next year.
- Still Dealing With Declining Enrollment, Eureka City Schools Threatens to Sue Alder Grove Charter School
- > Mar 1, 7:15 AM: In the latest move, Eureka City Schools is threatening Alder Grove Charter School with a lawsuit, alleging that the independent-study K-12 school is violating the law by maintaining a facility within ECS attendance
- Proposal takes shape for charter middle school
- Feb 23, 6:08 AM: After almost two years of organizing to get a new independent charter middle school as part of the San Lorenzo Valley Unified School District, a final decision is expected next month.
Overall rating for
Best Performing Outlets
- Salinas Californian - Online, The 100%
- Victorville Daily Press - Online 83%
Total media outlets:
Worst Performing Outlets
- Paso Robles Press - Online 0%
- T.H.E. Journal - Online 0%