- Despite new construction in Pacoima, the question remains: How much will L.A. Unified spend on chart
- Apr 25, 6:45 AM: New classrooms under construction at a charter school in Pacoima mark a moment of truce — even mutual respect — in a hot and cold war between charters and the Los Angeles Unified School District.
- New K-8 charter school slated for fall
- Apr 24, 6:52 AM: Trustees of the New Jerusalem Elementary School District last week approved a new K-8 charter school focusing solely on science, technology, engineering, arts and mathematics (STEAM) in Stockton set to open this fall.
- From shipyard to schoolyard: Pacoima charter school gets unique new classrooms
- > Apr 24, 5:50 AM: On Friday, hundreds of students gathered on a playground at Vaughn Next Century Learning Center in Pacoima for what the school’s principal likened to an old-fashioned barn-raising. Girls performed traditional Mexican folk dances in
- Republicans tussle over school choice legislation
- > Apr 24, 5:39 AM: Party members broadly agree parents should be able to use state-raised money to send their kids to private schools. Even Jeb Bush endorses the policy. He wrote in the Monitor recently that the education savings accounts are a
- Poll finds support for vouchers and higher school funding in California
- Apr 21, 5:48 AM: Donald Trump's plans to reform education have been routinely described as radical, but one key feature — taxpayer-funded vouchers — may find some unlikely supporters: California voters.
- Poll reveals support in California for tax-funded school vouchers
- Apr 20, 5:42 AM: President Trump supports tax-funded vouchers letting parents send their kids to private schools of their choice — and it turns out Californians do too, according to a poll released Wednesday.
- L.A. Unified narrowly backs state bills for new controls over charter schools
- Apr 19, 7:10 AM: A divided Los Angeles Board of Education on Tuesday voted to endorse and push for three hotly debated state bills that seek to place new controls on charter schools.
- Parents rip LAUSD board for support of proposed charter school bills
- Apr 19, 4:59 AM: Charter school parents, students and administrators packed the meeting room at the Los Angeles Unified School District board meeting Tuesday to voice opposition to state legislation they said will hurt charter schools.
- LA Unified considers supporting a state bill some say could ‘kill’ charters
- Apr 18, 6:05 AM: A state bill that’s been labeled a charter killer could be supported by LA Unified’s lobbying capital if the school board passes a resolution on Tuesday’s agenda.
- Green Valley Charter School headed to state after county board denies renewal appeal
- Apr 18, 5:16 AM: Supporters of a troubled Los Banos charter school lost a critical bid to save their program on Monday when the Merced County Board of Education refused an appeal to renew their charter.
- CA bills aim to crack down on for-profit charter schools, at odds with the Trump team
- Apr 18, 5:14 AM: Vowing to fight public school profiteering, Democratic state lawmakers have introduced legislation that would either block or seriously limit for-profit companies’ ability to operate charter schools in California.
- California Bills Aim to Crack Down on For-Profit Charter Schools
- Apr 17, 7:12 AM: Vowing to fight public school profiteering, Democratic state lawmakers have introduced legislation that would either block or seriously limit for-profit companies’ ability to operate charter schools in California,
- California audit clears L.A.‘s largest charter school network of misspending
- Apr 14, 6:19 AM: A state audit released Thursday of Alliance College-Ready Public Schools has cleared the charter school network of any financial wrongdoing in relation to its efforts to fight unionization.
- Riverside’s REACH charter school gets five more years
- > Apr 13, 6:24 AM: Riverside Unified School District board members earlier this week approved a renewal request from REACH Leadership STEAM Academy. Last month, trustees gave the school 30 days to explain how it would address shortcomings in special
- California bills aim to crack down on for-profit charter schools
- Apr 13, 6:21 AM: Vowing to fight public school profiteering, Democratic state lawmakers have introduced legislation that would either block or seriously limit for-profit companies’ ability to operate charter schools in California.
- Orcutt Union becomes fourth school district to deny Olive Grove charter petition
- > Apr 13, 6:11 AM: The charter school is petitioning local districts after a recent court of appeal decision that ruled in the case that the state’s education code prohibits a charter school from operating resource centers within the same county as
- Oxford Preparatory Academy gets its first sign of light in battle to keep Chino charter school open
- Apr 12, 6:28 AM: Weeks before Oxford Preparatory Academy is set to plead its case before the State Board of Education, the embattled charter school has gotten support from a committee that makes recommendations to the board.
- Charter schools are expanding where they aren’t needed — especially in Los Angeles, new report
- Apr 11, 5:21 AM: Charter schools are proliferating where they aren’t needed while state funding continues to support even those charters that violate state law, according to a report released Monday by a research and advocacy group.
- After battling for space, Westchester Secondary Charter School will close
- > Apr 10, 6:16 AM: In less than four years, Westchester Secondary Charter School had moved twice in an endless search for the right home. First, the school settled in a church that was sold, then another church that later was deemed unsuitable, and
- Huntington Park awaits ruling on charter moratorium
- Apr 10, 6:02 AM: City officials and those of the California Charter Schools Association are awaiting a legal ruling on the city’s temporary moratorium on new charter schools.
Overall rating for
Best Performing Outlets
- Salinas Californian - Online, The 100%
- Victorville Daily Press - Online 83%
Total media outlets:
Worst Performing Outlets
- Paso Robles Press - Online 0%
- T.H.E. Journal - Online 0%