- Kicked out of a charter school? Deal struck in Sacramento on bill spelling out your rights
- May 26, 6:45 AM: Parents who believe their child is being "counseled out" of a charter school in California could soon have the right to request a hearing to challenge the student's removal.
- Embattled Livermore charter schools get emergency funding to keep doors open
- > May 26, 5:20 AM: Two Livermore charter schools that have been rocked by plunging enrollment, bankruptcy and allegations of mismanagement and possible criminal wrongdoing said this week they will be able to keep their doors open through the end of
- LA charter school board agrees to election do-over
- May 25, 6:09 AM: Citing a lack of clarity and choice, the governing board of El Camino Real Charter High School voted Wednesday evening at a special meeting to redo its recent board election for two teacher representative seats.
- In first year, Kimme charter school incurs ‘sharp rise’ in enrollment
- > May 24, 6:07 AM: In its first year, the Ernest Kimme Charter Academy for Independent Learning, home to Vacaville Unified’s independent study program, experienced a “sharp rise” in its enrollment, the school leader told district
- Burbank school board denies renewing charter school’s petition, citing ‘persistently low
- > May 24, 5:17 AM: The Burbank Unified school board voted last week to not renew a petition submitted by the charter school Options for Youth to continue operating in Burbank, following a recommendation made by Burbank Supt. Matt Hill, and a 57-page
- Los Banos school board split over charter school amid possible legal fight
- May 24, 4:57 AM: Green Valley Charter School’s fight for survival has spilled over to the Los Banos Unified School District Board, which is split over whether the school should get a second hearing on its charter renewal.
- Judge Rules Against Einstein Academy At Hearing For Charter School
- May 23, 5:32 AM: Einstein Academy officials were dealt another blow Monday, when their ex parte hearing was denied in a Los Angeles County Superior courtroom.
- Julian charter schools get one-year reprieve on closure order
- May 22, 6:47 AM: San Diego Superior Court judge ordered two Julian charter schools to close by June 30, but the state Board of Education has intervened and given them a year’s reprieve.
- River Islands seeks to expand school to add 398 students
- > May 22, 6:23 AM: On Wednesday, May 24, the Lathrop Planning Commission will decide on whether to amend the existing conditional use permit which allowed the school to operate in order to allow for the addition of 12 new portable classrooms to serve
- How L.A.‘s school board election became the most expensive in U.S. history
- > May 22, 5:36 AM: Charter school supporters and unions spent nearly $15 million to battle each other in last week's Los Angeles Board of Education races, which crossed the finish line as the most expensive school board election in U.S.
- LA charter school weighs election do-over after questions over fairness raised
- May 19, 5:59 AM: El Camino Real Charter High School’s governing board might cancel and restage its recent elections after concerns arose this week that the format may have given the board chairman an advantage over other candidates.
- Charter school rejected by San Jose Unified
- May 19, 5:57 AM: To cheers from a room packed with teachers, the San Jose Unified School District board on Thursday rejected a petition for a rigorous charter middle school aimed at children in low-income families.
- Anaheim district hires attorney to take charter school fight to California Supreme Court
- > May 19, 5:48 AM: In its quest to stop Palm Lane Elementary from converting into a charter school, the Anaheim Elementary School District’s board voted Wednesday night to spend $30,000 in a bid to appear before the California Supreme
- So LAUSD has a charter-backed school board majority. What now?
- > May 19, 5:28 AM: When Nick Melvoin and — assuming her narrow lead in Tuesday's election holds — Kelly Gonez are sworn in as the newest members of the Los Angeles Unified School Board in July, the balance of power on the board will
- Charter school gets their way
- > May 18, 5:42 AM: Five of seven trustees bucked Morgan Hill Unified School District staff’s recommendation and instead banked on the long-term sustainability of the Charter School of Morgan Hill at its current location in a show of support May
- School district denies revived charter’s petition
- May 18, 5:17 AM: A Redding charter school set to shut down the end of June was denied its petition to establish a charter school with the Shasta Union High School District, putting its future at risk.
- One L.A. campus, divided between traditional school and charters, may offer window into future
- > May 18, 4:59 AM: The election results have brought both hope and some fears to the Webster campus and other schools across the city. Some believe the changing politics will provide more choices for educating their children. But others worry what
- Hart District to consider revisions to two charter school petitions
- > May 17, 5:48 AM: The William S. Hart Union High School District Governing Board is expected to review two revisions to charter school petitions presented by Mission View Public Charter School and Opportunities for Learning Charter School at its
- Reformers sweep LAUSD school board elections
- > May 17, 5:15 AM: Reform-backed candidates swept the LA Unified school board election Tuesday night, unseating the board president and swinging the balance of the board toward a reform majority for the first time since 2010, according to unofficial
- San Jose Unified challenges proposed charter schools
- > May 16, 6:06 AM: In an aggressive challenge to charter-school applicants, the San Jose Unified School District has sought to invalidate signatures of supporters, attempted to recruit teachers away from a proposed school and swept petitions off
Overall rating for
Best Performing Outlets
- Salinas Californian - Online, The 100%
- Victorville Daily Press - Online 83%
Total media outlets:
Worst Performing Outlets
- Paso Robles Press - Online 0%
- T.H.E. Journal - Online 0%