- Driven students on new path
- > Jan 15, 8:03 AM: The 12,000-student Pulaski Special district is one of several Arkansas districts in recent years to redesign the delivery of education through the state's school of innovation or conversion charter school initiatives.
- State student plan gets more queries; process with U.S. called ‘fast, furious’
- > Jan 15, 6:46 AM: The Arkansas Board of Education wrapped up two days of meetings Friday during which members acted on the renewal of seven charter schools and approved waivers on the school start date for the Little Rock and Pulaski County
- Student applications now accepted for new virtual Mena Public School
- Jan 12, 6:31 AM: Polk County Virtual Academy, will operate under the District Conversion Charter School guidelines, and will offer need-based assistance to students for technology and internet connectivity.
- First online student in Arkansas wins Clinton Scholarship
- > Jan 10, 7:06 AM: High school senior Grace Turner won first place in the Clinton Foundation Ideas Matter Essay Contest. Grace attends high school entirely online through Arkansas Virtual Academy and is the first online student to win this
- Improved draft rules on school reuse urged; process ‘gamed’ by some, Arkansas lawmaker says
- > Jan 8, 7:14 AM: Draft rules for a 2017 state law that enables charter-school operators to acquire "unused" or "underutilized" public school district buildings need better definitions of the terms, a legislative sponsor of the law says.
- Northwest Arkansas school choice festival returns
- Jan 8, 6:48 AM: Organizers of the 2018 Northwest Arkansas School Choice Festival are looking to build on last year's inaugural event and provide more information about local educational options.
- Northwest Arkansas school choice festival returns
- Jan 5, 6:00 AM: Organizers of the 2018 Northwest Arkansas School Choice Festival are looking to build on last year's inaugural event and provide more information about local educational options.
- New rules give more freedom to Arkansas parents homeschooling children
- > Jan 2, 6:47 AM: Parents of thousands of home-schooled Arkansas students are no longer required to annually describe to the state the curriculum they will teach, their teaching schedule or their teaching qualifications, according to 2017
- Rules drafted for Arkansas charters' school-site use
- > Jan 2, 6:04 AM: Vacant or underused public school buildings across Arkansas will be catching second looks from charter school operators in the coming months -- the result of a law passed in early 2017 and the proposed rules for carrying
- Panel OKs renewals of 3 open-enrollment charter schools in state
- Dec 26, 8:44 AM: The state's Charter Authorizing Panel on Thursday approved the multiyear renewal of three open-enrollment charter schools, including one of the state's oldest -- Arkansas Arts Academy in Rogers.
- Student voucher program growing
More than six times as many students are participating in the state's Succeed Scholarship Program this school year than took part in the state-funded voucher system last year.
Dec 18, 7:16 AM:
- Districts face decisions concerning school choice
- > Dec 11, 8:26 AM: The Jacksonville/North Pulaski School District will claim an exemption for the 2018-19 school year from a state law that allows students — with some exceptions — to attend a public school in a district other than the one
- KIPP to cut ribbon for Beechcrest campus
The Beechcrest campus opened in August and is home to KIPP Delta Elementary Literacy Academy, serving students in grades pre-K through 5. With the opening of the Beechcrest Campus, KIPP Delta’s Cherry Street campus is >
Nov 28, 8:03 AM:
- Charter school plans to expand
- > Nov 20, 6:46 AM: The School of Innovation is a technology-rich STEM school that embraces a flexible and blended learning style to promote student success, according to the school's Web page. It's a conversion charter school, meaning it's
- Vote by panel keeps school's charter intact
- > Nov 16, 7:55 AM: The state's Charter Authorizing Panel on Wednesday voted to take no action against the Arkansas Connections Academy, a Bentonville-based virtual charter school, after school leaders showed that it had revised its financial
- Ed board sees progress; 8 schools shed 'focus' tag
- > Nov 10, 7:22 AM: Eight Arkansas schools, including one each in the Little Rock and North Little Rock school districts, have been cleared of their "Focus" label, which was applied by the state because of the large achievement gaps between
- State funds open doors for 163 kids
- Nov 2, 5:18 AM: Dozens of special-education students across Arkansas are using state money to attend private schools as part of a new voucher program.
- Rogers school earns panel's OK for grade configuration switch
- Oct 20, 7:01 AM: Arkansas Arts Academy's seventh- and eighth-graders would move to the academy's high school campus under a plan approved Thursday by the state's Charter Authorizing Panel.
- Author Of Arkansas's Original Charter School Law Explains Why He Created Charters
- > Oct 5, 5:38 AM: Almost two decades ago, the Arkansas legislature passed a law allowing open-enrollment charter schools to be created. Today, a co-author of that original law says some aspects of these publicly-funded but privately-managed
Overall rating for
Best Performing Outlets
- Log Cabin Democrat - Online 75%
- Arkansas Democrat-Gazette - Online 75%
Total media outlets:
Worst Performing Outlets
- Sun-Times - Online 17%
- Paragould Daily Press 17%