- State cites 20 schools for gaps in standards
- > Jun 9, 6:43 AM: The Arkansas Board of Education on Thursday placed 20 of the state's 1,065 traditional and charter public schools on first-year probation for violating assorted education standards during the just completed 2016-17 school
- Return schools' control, LR says
- > Jun 7, 7:32 AM: Little Rock's Board of Directors on Tuesday asked state officials to return control of the city's public schools by calling for an election, making the formal request nearly 21/2 years after the state swept the elected
- Struggling school keeps charter after board vote
- May 31, 6:29 AM: Covenant Keepers College Preparatory Charter School for sixth through eighth grades in southwest Little Rock will keep the state-issued charter it must have to be able to operate.
- New charter school pitched for Bentonville
- May 24, 6:09 AM: A charter school focused on science, technology, engineering and math plans to open in Bentonville for the 2018-19 academic year if state officials approve.
- NLR school to use online tool to help 'personalize learning'
- > May 19, 7:01 AM: The North Little Rock School Board on Thursday approved a memorandum of understanding with the California system for the free use of the Summit Learning Program, an online platform intended to help pupils in all of the
- Virtual school gets panel OK for more kids
- > May 18, 5:53 AM: The state's Charter Authorizing Panel on Wednesday approved a 1,000-student increase to 3,000 for the Arkansas Virtual Academy after the school's leader described steps taken by the school to improve data reports to the
- Popularity of online charter schools increasing across Arkansas
- May 18, 5:36 AM: When it comes to K-12 education, Arkansas families have some options, but one in particular is becoming a fast favorite for students, parents, and teachers.
- School gets last chance to retain its charter
- > May 12, 5:41 AM: Covenant Keepers College Preparatory School, an open-enrollment charter school in southwest Little Rock, on Thursday won at least a temporary reprieve from state-ordered, permanent closure at the end of this school year.
- 10 more charter schools proposed to state, 4 in LR
- > May 8, 6:26 AM: More than half of the nine organizations that have submitted applications to open 10 independently operated public charter schools in 2018-19 are proposing locations in the Greater Little Rock and Pine Bluff areas.
- Offers for 2 LR schools reopened
- Apr 26, 6:32 AM: The Little Rock School District is reopening its request for proposals for the re-purposing of the soon-to-be-vacant Franklin Elementary and Woodruff Early Childhood Education Center in the district.
- Pull LR school's charter, authorizing panel urges
- Apr 20, 6:13 AM: An Arkansas Department of Education panel voted Wednesday to revoke the charter issued to Covenant Keepers College Preparatory School because of governance, financial and academic problems.
- Charter school looks to take over Ridgway Christian High School
- Apr 17, 5:15 AM: Supporters of a proposed Southeast Arkansas Preparatory High School discussed this week their vision for opening a charter school in Pine Bluff.
- 6 proposals in play to reuse LR school sites
- Apr 4, 6:52 AM: Six organizations or individuals have submitted proposals to use the Woodruff and Franklin school buildings, which will be vacated by the Little Rock School District beginning with the 2017-18 school year.
- Arkansas House rejects 2nd bill on education savings accounts
- Apr 3, 5:09 AM: A Senate bill to create savings accounts that families could use to send students to nonpublic schools was rejected Friday by the House, which previously voted down a similar House bill.
- Panel OKs school savings plan
- Mar 29, 5:59 AM: A House panel on Tuesday narrowly approved a revived attempt to provide education funds to parents looking for options other than traditional public schools for their children.
- Four schools in district seek 'innovation' status
- > Mar 27, 5:55 AM: All four high schools in the Pulaski County Special School District have submitted applications to the state to become "schools of innovation," where instruction is to be challenging and personalized -- and at least
- Future School of Fort Smith to add STEM center, classrooms
- > Mar 23, 6:06 AM: Adding students means adding space at Future School of Fort Smith. The public charter high school is in its first year and will add new 10th-graders in the fall as its current students move up to 11th grade. The school
- Bill to Allow Vouchers for Foster Children Clears Senate Committee
- Mar 23, 5:36 AM: A bill that would expand a special-needs education voucher program to include foster children passed on a voice vote with some dissent in the Senate Education Committee Wednesday.
- Arkansas Senate approves education savings account bill
- Mar 22, 5:55 AM: A bill to create "education savings accounts" that families could use to send students to nonpublic schools passed Tuesday in the Senate.
Overall rating for
Best Performing Outlets
- Log Cabin Democrat - Online 75%
- Arkansas Democrat-Gazette - Online 75%
Total media outlets:
Worst Performing Outlets
- Sun-Times - Online 17%
- Paragould Daily Press 17%