- Second-chance school gets charter panel OK
- > Aug 16, 6:28 AM: Arkansas’ Charter Authorizing Panel gave initial approval Wednesday to the proposed Premier High School of North Little Rock but rejected applications for three other open-enrollment charter schools planned for North
- State panel denies charter school application for Bentonville's Focus Academy, one other
- Aug 16, 6:15 AM: A state panel voted Wednesday to deny initial approval of charter school applications for the Focus Academy of Arts and Sciences in Bentonville and Pioneer Schools in North Little Rock.
- South Arkansas districts lose bid to block school transfers
- > Aug 9, 6:39 AM: Federal Judge Susan Hickey of El Dorado refused today to allow the Hope, Lafayette County, Junction City and Camden Fairview school districts to block student transfers for this school year under the state's expansive
- Editorial: Here we go again
- > Jul 20, 4:41 AM: With a number of public schools failing their charges, our betters have decided to allow kids to flee the worst ones by establishing the Arkansas School Choice Act. Under that current law, a family can opt out of the local
- School districts ask judge to halt student transfers
- > Jul 19, 6:49 AM: Two Southwest Arkansas school districts are asking a federal judge for temporary restraining orders on interdistrict student transfers until court hearings are held on whether such transfers would conflict with
- School-to-work programs score $13.6M in funds
- > Jul 16, 5:38 AM: Twenty workforce training programs around the state will continue with the help of about $13.6 million in state Department of Higher Education grants to build stronger partnerships between schools and industry.
- Opinion: No more waiting
- > Jul 2, 5:24 AM: We cannot wait any longer. Whether it's expanding quality school options beyond the zoned school, expanding access to high-performing public charter schools or empowering families to customize a unique learning experience
- Area schools honored for ‘beating the odds’
- > Jun 27, 4:57 AM: At Pine Bluff Lighthouse Charter School, Renea Smith, principal over grades four through eight, stressed the importance of exposing students to hard-copy texts and other learning resources. She suggested that the presence
- Little Rock charter school’s revisions going to hearing
- > Jun 18, 6:25 AM: The Arkansas Board of Education voted 6-0 Thursday to hold a hearing on whether to allow the Friendship Aspire Academy charter school to open its Little Rock campus in August — a year earlier and in a different part of the
- Springdale charter school looks to improve
- Jun 4, 7:40 AM: Ozark Montessori Academy officials said they are focused on improving the academics that earned the charter school a D grade on this year's report card from the state.
- Bentonville charter school celebrates first graduates
- > May 21, 7:12 AM: Classical Academy graduate Houston White laughs as teacher Bruce Horswell shares personal stories during a graduation ceremony Sunday at Avondale Chapel and Gardens in Bentonville. Northwest Arkansas Classical Academy, a
- Friendship charter school clears first hurdle for 2018 start date in Little Rock
- > May 17, 6:40 AM: On Thursday, the Education Department’s charter authorizing panel cleared the way for Friendship Public Charter Schools to open a facility in Little Rock in fall 2018 — one year ahead of schedule — over the objections of
- 7 schools set sights on 5 state charters; 3 proposed for Pulaski County
- May 7, 6:48 AM: Seven applicants want to set up new open-enrollment charter schools across Arkansas, but there's not enough room for all of them.
- Opinion: How Charter Schools Improve Student Outcomes
- May 1, 7:11 AM: Charter schools improve student outcomes because they bring competition to public schools. In many districts, there are not any schools, private or charter, other than the traditional public schools.
- Little Rock charter school's funding is focus of May hearing
- > Apr 30, 5:08 AM: The future of Rockbridge Montessori Public Charter School in Little Rock, in jeopardy of not having sufficient funds to complete this school year, will be the subject of a hearing May 16 before the state's Charter
- Little Rock charter schools facing challenges for fall semester
- > Apr 27, 6:52 AM: A Monday afternoon meeting of the Charter Authorizing Panel at the Arkansas Department of Education began to put one Little Rock school on notice and ended with another potential school rushing to get heard.
- Charter school's funding is focus of May hearing
- > Apr 27, 6:03 AM: The future of Rockbridge Montessori Public Charter School in Little Rock, in jeopardy of not having sufficient funds to complete this school year, will be the subject of a hearing May 16 before the state's Charter
- Belief in equal education falls in LR, survey shows
- > Apr 25, 7:17 AM: The results of a recent University of Arkansas at Little Rock survey on race, ethnicity and education show that a majority of black respondents who live in Little Rock -- 58 percent -- don't believe all children have an
- Charter school director considering run for Little Rock board seat
- Apr 19, 6:14 AM: Tatum said in a news release that she wants to run to support education, launch community initiatives and partner with entities to provide resources to communities.
Overall rating for
Best Performing Outlets
- Log Cabin Democrat - Online 75%
- Arkansas Democrat-Gazette - Online 75%
Total media outlets:
Worst Performing Outlets
- Sun-Times - Online 17%
- Paragould Daily Press 17%