- Arkansas Virtual Academy creates state’s first virtual FFA chapter
- > Mar 2, 7:54 AM: Virtual education can be a better fit for some students’ schedules, while one academy is adding more opportunities for kids online.The Arkansas Virtual Academy has added the state’s first Virtual FFA chapter for students
- Five years of state control of the LRSD
- > Jan 29, 6:21 AM: Little Rock School District supporters are wearing black today to mark the fifth anniversary of the Arkansas State Board of Education’s vote to remove the democratically elected Little Rock School Board and take control of
- Troubled charter school given academic-year reprieve
- > Jan 27, 9:41 AM: Southeast Arkansas Preparatory High School, a financially and academically struggling charter school in Pine Bluff, will stay open at least through the end of this school year, the Arkansas Board of Education decided
- Ed Board sets session on ailing charter high
- > Jan 10, 6:55 AM: The state Board of Education opted Thursday to hold a hearing later this month on the fate of Southeast Preparatory High, a charter school in Pine Bluff that has been recommended for immediate closure because of financial
- Commentary: All about choice
- > Dec 23, 7:07 AM: At the end of the day, educational choice works if our goal is to meet the individual needs of all students. Whether it is public, charter, private, or homeschooling, each family has and deserves the choice to provide for
- Opinion: The state’s double standard for schools: Charter schools don’t get Little Rock treatment
- > Dec 20, 5:39 AM: The Southeast Prepatory High School in Pine Bluff has a record only a charter school advocate could love: F grade under the state’s standardized-test determined five-point system; a failure to provide promised services for
- Charter panel favors closing F-rated school
- Dec 19, 6:47 AM: The state's Charter Authorizing Panel voted Wednesday in support of closing Southeast Preparatory High School, a publicly funded charter school in Pine Bluff.
- State board session studies ideas for LRSD
- > Dec 5, 6:52 AM: Arkansas Board of Education members explored ideas Wednesday regarding the future of the state-controlled Little Rock School District, including one to convert the district's existing Community Advisory Board into "a
- Little Rock teachers told of strike penalties
- > Nov 22, 9:24 AM: Little Rock Superintendent Mike Poore on Thursday sent a letter to district employees reminding them that teachers who went on a one-day strike last week won't be paid for the day and those who called in sick and then
- State to review low-scoring charter schools. It’s about time
- > Nov 21, 7:51 AM: Charter school champion Johnny Key, the state education czar, is apparently feeling a little heat from the state’s persecution of the Little Rock School District over a handful of schools with low standardized test scores
- State Board of Education OKs plan for LISA Academy to acquire Little Rock Preparatory Academy
- Nov 15, 7:40 AM: The state Board of Education voted unanimously on Thursday to approve a plan by a charter school system to acquire the two-campus Little Rock Preparatory Academy starting with the 2020-21 school year.
- Little Rock teacher strike: Lots of sound, but signifying what?
- > Nov 15, 6:44 AM: Perhaps a third of the teachers in the Little Rock School District didn’t work today and nearly 60 percent of the students didn’t attend classes following the announcement of a strike by the Little Rock Education
- As LRSD Approaches Five Years Of State Control, Its Future Is Still Uncertain
- > Nov 14, 8:25 AM: The return of the Little Rock School District to local control has been a controversial topic since the state took over the district almost five years ago. State officials say the outcome of an Oct. 10 meeting of the State
- LRSD teachers, staffers on strike; schools open
- > Nov 14, 7:16 AM: Little Rock School District teachers and support staff members, including nearly 1,800 Little Rock Education Association employee union members, will be on strike and on picket lines today -- a day in which schools in the
- LRSD superintendent says no decision yet on whether striking teachers will be disciplined or terminated
- > Nov 12, 8:51 AM: Little Rock School District Superintendent Mike Poore said that the district has not decided how or if it will discipline teachers who strike on Thursday. The Little Rock Education Association earlier today called for a
- Strike plans unclear, Little Rock teachers hold ‘walk-ins’
- > Nov 7, 8:16 AM: Little Rock teachers have given few clues on whether they’ll strike because of Arkansas’ decision to no longer recognize their union, but they’re staging other demonstrations aimed at drawing attention to the end of their
- LRSD teachers to stage walk-in
- > Nov 5, 8:03 AM: Little Rock School District teachers plan "a walk-in" at 7:30 a.m. Wednesday as a show of solidarity for students and traditional public schools, the Little Rock Education Association announced on its Facebook page.
- School Choice Critics: Don't let NOLA happen here in LRSD
- > Nov 5, 5:54 AM: In the nationwide debate going on in cities across the country, there's a divide over those seeking to choose how and where their child gets his or her education, versus the obligation a state has to educate everybody.
- LR mayor seeks charter school limits
- Nov 1, 6:24 AM: Little Rock Mayor Frank Scott Jr. said he will ask the state to put a moratorium on new charter school seats in Little Rock, his communications director said Thursday.
Overall rating for
Best Performing Outlets
- Log Cabin Democrat - Online 75%
- Arkansas Democrat-Gazette - Online 75%
Total media outlets:
Worst Performing Outlets
- Sun-Times - Online 17%
- Paragould Daily Press 17%