- Charter school plans to expand
- > Nov 20, 6:46 AM: The School of Innovation is a technology-rich STEM school that embraces a flexible and blended learning style to promote student success, according to the school's Web page. It's a conversion charter school, meaning it's
- Vote by panel keeps school's charter intact
- > Nov 16, 7:55 AM: The state's Charter Authorizing Panel on Wednesday voted to take no action against the Arkansas Connections Academy, a Bentonville-based virtual charter school, after school leaders showed that it had revised its financial
- Ed board sees progress; 8 schools shed 'focus' tag
- > Nov 10, 7:22 AM: Eight Arkansas schools, including one each in the Little Rock and North Little Rock school districts, have been cleared of their "Focus" label, which was applied by the state because of the large achievement gaps between
- State funds open doors for 163 kids
- Nov 2, 5:18 AM: Dozens of special-education students across Arkansas are using state money to attend private schools as part of a new voucher program.
- Rogers school earns panel's OK for grade configuration switch
- Oct 20, 7:01 AM: Arkansas Arts Academy's seventh- and eighth-graders would move to the academy's high school campus under a plan approved Thursday by the state's Charter Authorizing Panel.
- Author Of Arkansas's Original Charter School Law Explains Why He Created Charters
- > Oct 5, 5:38 AM: Almost two decades ago, the Arkansas legislature passed a law allowing open-enrollment charter schools to be created. Today, a co-author of that original law says some aspects of these publicly-funded but privately-managed
- Virtual Academy provides education options
- > Oct 3, 5:02 AM: Several high school seniors said they decided to switch from the traditional school setting to the Virtual Academy because of the flexible schedule. It's ideal for athletes with rigorous training schedules, students with
- Virtual Academy provides education options
- > Oct 2, 5:59 AM: The academy opened in the 2016-17 school year with 60 students in fourth through eighth grades. It has a maximum enrollment of 225. There were 214 students enrolled as of Monday, 128 of which are high school students, said
- Charter school status provides new classes for students
- Sep 29, 7:00 AM: A Sharp County high school is now a charter school, a distinction their principal said has helped them ensure success for all of their students.
- Arkansas education commissioner talks of possible 2018 Little Rock school board elections
- > Sep 29, 5:55 AM: Arkansas Education Commissioner Johnny Key on Wednesday publicly held out the possibility for 2018 school board elections in the Little Rock School District, which has been operating under state control without an elected
- Education Board OKs 5 new charter schools
- Sep 15, 6:14 AM: The Little Rock School District will be home to three new charter schools over the next two years, and Pine Bluff will see two new such schools as a result of state Board of Education action Thursday.
- Concerns About Future of Little Rock School District Aired At Public Meeting
- > Aug 25, 5:41 AM: Conflicting messages of success and dissatisfaction were the predominant themes of a town hall meeting with officials from the Arkansas Department of Education and the Little Rock School District Thursday. The optimistic
- Schools of Innovation
- > Aug 22, 5:30 AM: All four high schools in the Pulaski County Special School District (PCSSD) are moving towards a new concept of learning. It's called Schools of Innovation. The goal is to let students learn at their own pace.
- State panel approves Northwest Arkansas charter school changes
- Aug 21, 5:33 AM: Springdale's Tyson School of Innovation is one step away from officially having a new name and flexibility in deciding when to add additional grades.
- LR, 2 PB charters win panel's favor
- > Aug 18, 5:13 AM: The state's Charter Authorizing Panel on Thursday gave preliminary approval to three open-enrollment charter school plans -- one in Little Rock and two in Pine Bluff -- bringing to five the number of new schools receiving
- Charter panel denies bids for 2 new schools
- Aug 17, 5:47 AM: Proposals for open-enrollment charter schools in southwest Little Rock and in the northeast Arkansas town of Weiner failed Wednesday to win approval from the state's Charter Authorizing Panel.
- Panel approves another charter school for central LR over superintendent's objection
- > Aug 16, 6:40 AM: The charter school review panel of the state Education Department this afternoon considered the application by the ScholarMade charter school, which aims to eventually enroll 525 students in grades K-9 at the former
- Demographics are destiny, eStem charter school leader says. No kidding.
- > Aug 15, 5:44 AM: eStem, the privately operated, taxpayer-financed charter school district that hopes to have 5,000 students in Little Rock by 2025, opens a new high school this year with signifcant help from UA-Little Rock and a new
- eStem Public Charter High School Opens On UA-Little Rock Campus
- > Aug 14, 5:43 AM: Later, Bacon told KUAR he has not found another such arrangement in the U.S. He says some universities operate their own private, preparatory schools on campuses, but he knows of no other public charter/public university
- Arkansas Board of Education salutes report on district, charter cooperation
- > Aug 14, 5:38 AM: The Arkansas Board of Education offered assurances Thursday that it will address as best it can the recommendations of a committee tasked a year ago with finding ways for collaboration between Pulaski County's school
Overall rating for
Best Performing Outlets
- Log Cabin Democrat - Online 75%
- Arkansas Democrat-Gazette - Online 75%
Total media outlets:
Worst Performing Outlets
- Sun-Times - Online 17%
- Paragould Daily Press 17%