- New charter school pitched for Bentonville
- May 24, 6:09 AM: A charter school focused on science, technology, engineering and math plans to open in Bentonville for the 2018-19 academic year if state officials approve.
- NLR school to use online tool to help ‘personalize learning’
- > May 19, 7:01 AM: The North Little Rock School Board on Thursday approved a memorandum of understanding with the California system for the free use of the Summit Learning Program, an online platform intended to help pupils in all of the core academic
- Virtual school gets panel OK for more kids
- > May 18, 5:53 AM: The state's Charter Authorizing Panel on Wednesday approved a 1,000-student increase to 3,000 for the Arkansas Virtual Academy after the school's leader described steps taken by the school to improve data reports to the
- Popularity of online charter schools increasing across Arkansas
- May 18, 5:36 AM: When it comes to K-12 education, Arkansas families have some options, but one in particular is becoming a fast favorite for students, parents, and teachers.
- School gets last chance to retain its charter
- May 12, 5:41 AM: Covenant Keepers College Preparatory School, an open-enrollment charter school in southwest Little Rock, on Thursday won at least a temporary reprieve from state-ordered, permanent closure at the end of this school year.
- 10 more charter schools proposed to state, 4 in LR
- May 8, 6:26 AM: More than half of the nine organizations that have submitted applications to open 10 independently operated public charter schools in 2018-19 are proposing locations in the Greater Little Rock and Pine Bluff areas.
- Offers for 2 LR schools reopened
- Apr 26, 6:32 AM: The Little Rock School District is reopening its request for proposals for the re-purposing of the soon-to-be-vacant Franklin Elementary and Woodruff Early Childhood Education Center in the district.
- Pull LR school’s charter, authorizing panel urges
- Apr 20, 6:13 AM: An Arkansas Department of Education panel voted Wednesday to revoke the charter issued to Covenant Keepers College Preparatory School because of governance, financial and academic problems.
- Charter school looks to take over Ridgway Christian High School
- Apr 17, 5:15 AM: Supporters of a proposed Southeast Arkansas Preparatory High School discussed this week their vision for opening a charter school in Pine Bluff.
- 6 proposals in play to reuse LR school sites
- Apr 4, 6:52 AM: Six organizations or individuals have submitted proposals to use the Woodruff and Franklin school buildings, which will be vacated by the Little Rock School District beginning with the 2017-18 school year.
- Arkansas House rejects 2nd bill on education savings accounts
- Apr 3, 5:09 AM: A Senate bill to create savings accounts that families could use to send students to nonpublic schools was rejected Friday by the House, which previously voted down a similar House bill.
- Panel OKs school savings plan
- Mar 29, 5:59 AM: A House panel on Tuesday narrowly approved a revived attempt to provide education funds to parents looking for options other than traditional public schools for their children.
- Four schools in district seek ‘innovation’ status
- > Mar 27, 5:55 AM: All four high schools in the Pulaski County Special School District have submitted applications to the state to become "schools of innovation," where instruction is to be challenging and personalized -- and at least partially
- Future School of Fort Smith to add STEM center, classrooms
- > Mar 23, 6:06 AM: Adding students means adding space at Future School of Fort Smith. The public charter high school is in its first year and will add new 10th-graders in the fall as its current students move up to 11th grade. The school plans to
- Bill to Allow Vouchers for Foster Children Clears Senate Committee
- Mar 23, 5:36 AM: A bill that would expand a special-needs education voucher program to include foster children passed on a voice vote with some dissent in the Senate Education Committee Wednesday.
- Arkansas Senate approves education savings account bill
- Mar 22, 5:55 AM: A bill to create "education savings accounts" that families could use to send students to nonpublic schools passed Tuesday in the Senate.
- Voucher-Like Bill Revived in Senate Committee
- > Mar 21, 6:07 AM: A controversial bill that would establish education savings accounts to be used at parents' discretion to fund private school and other education costs passed in a voice vote with some dissent in the Senate Education committee
- The River Valley Virtual Academy Features Aspects Similar To Traditional Schooling
- Mar 17, 6:31 AM: The River Valley Virtual Academy opens in August and is already drawing in quite a bit of attention from potential students and parents.
- Education savings account bill fails, other school bills advance
- > Mar 17, 5:02 AM: A bill to create accounts parents could use to send their children to private or charter schools failed in the House on Thursday. Also Thursday, a House committee advanced bills to move the dates of school elections and cap school
- Panel gives LR charter school April deadline to make fixes
- Mar 16, 7:02 AM: Rockbridge Montessori School, a 2-year-old taxpayer-supported charter school in Little Rock, has until the middle of April to show management improvements that are necessary if the school is to avoid closure.
Overall rating for
Best Performing Outlets
- Log Cabin Democrat - Online 75%
- Arkansas Democrat-Gazette - Online 75%
Total media outlets:
Worst Performing Outlets
- Sun-Times - Online 17%
- Paragould Daily Press 17%