- Education Board OKs 5 new charter schools
- Sep 15, 6:14 AM: The Little Rock School District will be home to three new charter schools over the next two years, and Pine Bluff will see two new such schools as a result of state Board of Education action Thursday.
- Concerns About Future of Little Rock School District Aired At Public Meeting
- > Aug 25, 5:41 AM: Conflicting messages of success and dissatisfaction were the predominant themes of a town hall meeting with officials from the Arkansas Department of Education and the Little Rock School District Thursday. The optimistic
- Schools of Innovation
- > Aug 22, 5:30 AM: All four high schools in the Pulaski County Special School District (PCSSD) are moving towards a new concept of learning. It's called Schools of Innovation. The goal is to let students learn at their own pace.
- State panel approves Northwest Arkansas charter school changes
- Aug 21, 5:33 AM: Springdale's Tyson School of Innovation is one step away from officially having a new name and flexibility in deciding when to add additional grades.
- LR, 2 PB charters win panel's favor
- > Aug 18, 5:13 AM: The state's Charter Authorizing Panel on Thursday gave preliminary approval to three open-enrollment charter school plans -- one in Little Rock and two in Pine Bluff -- bringing to five the number of new schools receiving
- Charter panel denies bids for 2 new schools
- Aug 17, 5:47 AM: Proposals for open-enrollment charter schools in southwest Little Rock and in the northeast Arkansas town of Weiner failed Wednesday to win approval from the state's Charter Authorizing Panel.
- Panel approves another charter school for central LR over superintendent's objection
- > Aug 16, 6:40 AM: The charter school review panel of the state Education Department this afternoon considered the application by the ScholarMade charter school, which aims to eventually enroll 525 students in grades K-9 at the former
- Demographics are destiny, eStem charter school leader says. No kidding.
- > Aug 15, 5:44 AM: eStem, the privately operated, taxpayer-financed charter school district that hopes to have 5,000 students in Little Rock by 2025, opens a new high school this year with signifcant help from UA-Little Rock and a new
- eStem Public Charter High School Opens On UA-Little Rock Campus
- > Aug 14, 5:43 AM: Later, Bacon told KUAR he has not found another such arrangement in the U.S. He says some universities operate their own private, preparatory schools on campuses, but he knows of no other public charter/public university
- Arkansas Board of Education salutes report on district, charter cooperation
- > Aug 14, 5:38 AM: The Arkansas Board of Education offered assurances Thursday that it will address as best it can the recommendations of a committee tasked a year ago with finding ways for collaboration between Pulaski County's school
- LR district seeks Key OK to sell school for $425,000
- > Aug 10, 7:30 AM: Little Rock School District leaders have historically objected to the establishment of most of the open-enrollment charter schools that now operate within the district's boundaries, even to the point of unsuccessfully
- Fayetteville Virtual Academy welcomes students to a new school year
- > Aug 9, 5:27 AM: The virtual academy enrolled its first students in the 2016-2017 school year. The school enrolled 53 students from the 4th grade through the 8th grade. For the 2017-2018 school year the academy added 9th grade through the
- Charter panel now fewer, meets today
- > Aug 8, 6:56 AM: An Arkansas Department of Education panel responsible since 2013 for initial decisions on charter school applications, renewals and revocations has been overhauled, resulting in a majority of its members coming from
- Report urges shift in course of public, charter schools in Pulaski County
- > Aug 2, 5:26 AM: A committee that was directed last year to find ways to end animosity between Pulaski County's traditional and charter schools said Monday that the absence of a long-term, data-driven strategic plan for public education
- Report urges shift in schools' course
- > Aug 1, 7:06 AM: A committee that was directed last year to find ways to end animosity between Pulaski County's traditional and charter schools said Monday that the absence of a long-term, data-driven strategic plan for public education
- EStem high school nearly ready
- > Jul 24, 7:18 AM: The high school is one of two new open-enrollment charter high school buildings opening next month. Academics Plus charter system, once a campus composed of prefabricated buildings and a former strip mall, is putting the
- Newest Mena classrooms could be virtual
- > Jul 13, 6:58 AM: The proposed school, Polk County Virtual Academy, would open for the 2018-2019 school year and operate under District Conversion Charter School guidelines, if approved. Some need-based assistance would be available to
- UA says no gun-free zone required by charter school on Little Rock campus
- > Jul 3, 6:51 AM: The opinion followed a June 18 Arkansas Democrat-Gazette article detailing a plan to draw 1,000-foot-radius gun-free zones around the eStem High School in Larson Hall and the Donaghey Student Center under the federal
- Zoning shift advances plan for charter school
- Jun 21, 6:26 AM: Plans to convert the long-vacant Mitchell Elementary into a Walton Family Foundation-backed charter school moved forward after Little Rock’s Board of Directors approved a zoning change Tuesday.
- Tyson School of Innovation in Springdale School District prepares to add seventh grade
- Jun 20, 7:23 AM: The School of Innovation opened in 2014-15 and last school year had 500 students in the eighth through 10th grades.
Overall rating for
Best Performing Outlets
- Log Cabin Democrat - Online 75%
- Arkansas Democrat-Gazette - Online 75%
Total media outlets:
Worst Performing Outlets
- Sun-Times - Online 17%
- Paragould Daily Press 17%