- Pull LR school’s charter, authorizing panel urges
- Apr 20, 6:13 AM: An Arkansas Department of Education panel voted Wednesday to revoke the charter issued to Covenant Keepers College Preparatory School because of governance, financial and academic problems.
- Charter school looks to take over Ridgway Christian High School
- Apr 17, 5:15 AM: Supporters of a proposed Southeast Arkansas Preparatory High School discussed this week their vision for opening a charter school in Pine Bluff.
- 6 proposals in play to reuse LR school sites
- Apr 4, 6:52 AM: Six organizations or individuals have submitted proposals to use the Woodruff and Franklin school buildings, which will be vacated by the Little Rock School District beginning with the 2017-18 school year.
- Arkansas House rejects 2nd bill on education savings accounts
- Apr 3, 5:09 AM: A Senate bill to create savings accounts that families could use to send students to nonpublic schools was rejected Friday by the House, which previously voted down a similar House bill.
- Panel OKs school savings plan
- Mar 29, 5:59 AM: A House panel on Tuesday narrowly approved a revived attempt to provide education funds to parents looking for options other than traditional public schools for their children.
- Four schools in district seek ‘innovation’ status
- > Mar 27, 5:55 AM: All four high schools in the Pulaski County Special School District have submitted applications to the state to become "schools of innovation," where instruction is to be challenging and personalized -- and at least partially
- Future School of Fort Smith to add STEM center, classrooms
- > Mar 23, 6:06 AM: Adding students means adding space at Future School of Fort Smith. The public charter high school is in its first year and will add new 10th-graders in the fall as its current students move up to 11th grade. The school plans to
- Bill to Allow Vouchers for Foster Children Clears Senate Committee
- Mar 23, 5:36 AM: A bill that would expand a special-needs education voucher program to include foster children passed on a voice vote with some dissent in the Senate Education Committee Wednesday.
- Arkansas Senate approves education savings account bill
- Mar 22, 5:55 AM: A bill to create "education savings accounts" that families could use to send students to nonpublic schools passed Tuesday in the Senate.
- Voucher-Like Bill Revived in Senate Committee
- > Mar 21, 6:07 AM: A controversial bill that would establish education savings accounts to be used at parents' discretion to fund private school and other education costs passed in a voice vote with some dissent in the Senate Education committee
- The River Valley Virtual Academy Features Aspects Similar To Traditional Schooling
- Mar 17, 6:31 AM: The River Valley Virtual Academy opens in August and is already drawing in quite a bit of attention from potential students and parents.
- Education savings account bill fails, other school bills advance
- > Mar 17, 5:02 AM: A bill to create accounts parents could use to send their children to private or charter schools failed in the House on Thursday. Also Thursday, a House committee advanced bills to move the dates of school elections and cap school
- Panel gives LR charter school April deadline to make fixes
- Mar 16, 7:02 AM: Rockbridge Montessori School, a 2-year-old taxpayer-supported charter school in Little Rock, has until the middle of April to show management improvements that are necessary if the school is to avoid closure.
- Arkansas Plan To Send State Dollars To Private Schools Advancing In Amended Form
- > Mar 15, 5:51 AM: A scaled back education bill to create a voucher-like program – which channels public dollars to private schools through individual education savings accounts- is headed to the Arkansas House floor. On Tuesday a legislative
- Area school co-op pushed by panelist
- Mar 14, 6:19 AM: A state committee formed last year to find ways in which traditional schools and charter schools in Little Rock might cooperate spent time Monday "pingponging" ideas as members begin a push to finalize their recommendations.
- Principal: New online school meets Arkansas students’, parents’ needs
- Mar 13, 6:34 AM: Arkansas students no longer have to show up to a brick-and-mortar school to gain a high-quality education, according to one official.
- Arkansas House passes bill on vacant schools for charters
- Mar 13, 5:59 AM: A bill giving charter schools first dibs on vacant school buildings passed the House on Thursday after failing the day before.
- Arkansas Board of Education labels 17 distressed
- Mar 13, 5:50 AM: Two school systems and 15 schools -- including three each in Little Rock and Forrest City -- will keep their state-applied "academic distress" labels for another year, the Arkansas Board of Education decided Thursday.
- Arkansas Board of Education allows Arkansas Connections Academy waiver
- Mar 10, 7:26 AM: The Arkansas Board of Education opted Thursday not to review a Charter Authorizing Panel decision to grant a waiver to Arkansas Connections Academy, an online school based in Bentonville.
- Groups inform state of desire to operate 16 new charter schools
- > Mar 10, 6:28 AM: Thirteen organizations have notified the Arkansas Department of Education that they intend to apply to operate 16 new open-enrollment charter schools -- including six in Greater Little Rock and four in Pine Bluff -- beginning in
Overall rating for
Best Performing Outlets
- Log Cabin Democrat - Online 75%
- Arkansas Democrat-Gazette - Online 75%
Total media outlets:
Worst Performing Outlets
- Sun-Times - Online 17%
- Paragould Daily Press 17%