- Charter school planners submit early plans for nine new campuses in Arkansas
- Mar 21, 8:02 AM: Seven organizations have submitted to the Arkansas Department of Education letters of their intent to apply to operate nine open-enrollment charter schools starting with the 2023-24 school year.
- Committee approves bill to put county tax dollars in charter schools
- Mar 11, 8:53 AM: A bill to expand charter school funding to include county level tax dollars was approved in the Senate Education Policy Committee on Thursday.
- State Education Board approves new charter school campuses in Fort Smith, Texarakana
- Mar 11, 8:50 AM: The Arkansas Board of Education on Thursday approved plans for a fifth Haas Hall Academy charter school campus to open in the 2023-24 school year in Fort Smith.
- Governor announces new reading initiative
- Mar 2, 6:39 AM: The "10 Minutes Matter" campaign is meant to emphasize the importance of reading to young children, Hutchinson said, by urging parents to spend 10 minutes each day reading to their child.
- State charter panel supports new Haas Hall school in Fort Smith and Premier High campus in Texarkana
- > Feb 16, 8:53 AM: The Arkansas Charter Authorizing Panel on Tuesday endorsed plans for a fifth Haas Hall Academy charter school campus, this one in Fort Smith and affiliated with the private Arkansas Colleges of Health Education.
- Charter school makes friends in PB
- Jan 26, 6:18 AM: The latest Friendship Aspire Academy Pine Bluff campus is under construction, but city and school leaders already hold the charter elementary school in high esteem.
- Arkansas Education Board approves renewal of charters for operation of 10 schools
- Jan 14, 9:06 AM: In each case, the Education Board approved the renewals of the charters based on the recommendations of the state' s Charter Authorizing Panel, which had reviewed the operations of the schools.
- State panel backs extensions for 3 charter-school groups
- > Dec 16, 9:10 AM: Those receiving the panel’s unanimous endorsements for renewal Wednesday were: The Excel Center in Little Rock, a diploma-granting charter school that is operated by Goodwill Industries of Arkansas for adults who did not
- Fort Smith schools to have online charter school starting next fall
- Nov 22, 8:51 AM: The School District's online option will become a conversion charter school for kindergarten through eighth-graders starting in fall 2022.
- A million here, a million there: Arkansas dashboard tracks school spending of covid-19 relief money
- > Nov 15, 9:58 AM: Arkansas has spent about 95% of the $118.8 million it received last year in the first round of federal covid-19 relief money for schools and almost 60% of the $497.2 million it received in the second round of emergency
- 8th Circuit denies four Arkansas school districts' request for rehearing on school choice ruling
- > Nov 10, 6:18 AM: Four South Arkansas school districts challenging a U.S. 8th Circuit Court of Appeals ruling barring the districts from exemption from the Arkansas School Choice Act will not have their case heard by the full court in an en
- Little Rock-based LISA Academy charter schools plan three schools for Fayetteville
- Nov 8, 7:33 AM: The LISA Academy Public Charter Schools system, the largest charter system in the state in terms of campus numbers, is again looking to expand -- this time into Fayetteville.
- Court look urged on School Choice
- > Oct 18, 6:10 AM: The Hope and Camden Fairview school districts are asking the full 8th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals at St. Louis to review an Aug. 25 decision made by an 8th Circuit panel in lawsuits challenging the Arkansas School Choice
- $6 million Fort Smith charter school expansion opens door for freshmen
- > Oct 11, 9:40 AM: The school opened Aug. 22, 2016. The school is centered on a "personalized approach to learning via student-designed internships, personalized learning plans, and an adviser for each student," according to its website.
- Charter school reaching out to rural areas in Arkansas to help students learn
- Oct 5, 9:47 AM: LISA Academy Arkansas Hybrid School is making plans to open remote learning centers outside the metro area to reach rural students.
- LISA Academy charter school blends online learning with on-campus activities
- > Oct 4, 6:10 AM: The teachers meet with students, provide online instruction, make assignments and grade the results -- all online. They teach from lessons created by an outside vendor, the Florida Virtual Academy. And once a week, or at
- Catholic school enrollment jumps following pandemic year
- Sep 30, 8:15 AM: For the first time in the past nine years, Catholic school enrollment throughout the state increased, with 177 more students enrolled for the 2021-22 school year, totaling 6,320.
- Arkansas charter schools continue to see growth during pandemic
- Sep 30, 8:10 AM: "Those smaller environments may have felt a little bit more comfortable for students and their parents, during the pandemic."
- Arkansas Education Board approves four new charter schools for Pulaski County and Fort Smith
- Sep 10, 11:25 AM: The Arkansas Board of Education on Thursday gave final approval to four open-enrollment charter schools to begin operations in 2022 and 2023—three of them in Pulaski County and one in Fort Smith.
- Pandemic changes education with online programs here to stay
- Sep 7, 3:52 PM: Schools are fully open for traditional, in-person learning this school year, yet administrators note enrollment in virtual learning options is surpassing pre-pandemic numbers.
Overall rating for
Best Performing Outlets
- Arkansas Democrat-Gazette - Online 75%
- Log Cabin Democrat - Online 75%
Total media outlets:
Worst Performing Outlets
- Sun-Times - Online 17%
- Arkansas Times - Online 17%