- Opinion: Joe Biden, Which Side Are You On?
- Apr 1, 8:09 AM: With this assertion that unions created the American middle class, the political and social goals of the Biden administration come into focus.
- Teachers Unions Lift Salaries & School Spending, But Evidence on Student Achievement Is Mixed
Experts have spent decades studying the question of how teacher’s unions influence both the resources provided to schools and the learning that occurs inside them. The events of the last decade — one that began with a clampdown >
Apr 1, 8:04 AM:
- Editorial:Time for Americans to Take Back Power from Teachers’ Unions
- Mar 31, 7:53 AM: This isn’t bare-knuckle labor politics — it’s political child abuse.
- New teachers union announced after lawmakers override veto on controversial school choice bill
- > Mar 31, 5:48 AM: In the wake of lawmakers overriding Governor Beshear’s veto on the controversial school choice bill, some educators are banding together and forming a union. Member of Kentucky 120 made the announcement they are partnering with the
- Court Documents Reveal How L.A. Teachers Union Gained Upper Hand in Pandemic Negotiations
- > Mar 30, 8:37 AM: As the Los Angeles Unified School District prepares to reopen elementary schools for the first time in 13 months, recently released court documents show that while the district pushed for more instructional time for students
- Education group KY 120 United to start American Federation of Teachers union chapter
- Mar 30, 5:57 AM: Three years ago, Kentucky lawmakers quietly gutted a wastewater bill, replaced its contents with pension reform and zipped it through both chambers in a day.
- Teachers unions wield ‘gross imbalance of power’ in school reopening debate, say critics
- Mar 26, 8:27 AM: President Joe Biden wants schools to reopen. So do parents, students, and thousands of teachers. So, what's the holdup? Powerful teachers unions, critics claim.
- Jason Riley: Teachers’ union resistance to reopened schools ‘not about ventilation systems or contac
- Mar 26, 8:25 AM: Wall Street Journal editorial board member and Fox News contributor Jason Riley told "The Story" Thursday that teachers’ unions are using the coronavirus pandemic as leverage for better benefits and working conditions.
- Toxic CPS-CTU feud simmers under surface of latest reopening talks
- Mar 26, 7:38 AM: The continued bickering between the union and district, despite vows by both sides to collaborate, has become exhausting for families and educators.
- MPS reopening questions remain, teachers union critical of plan
- Mar 26, 7:35 AM: "I appreciate the work that has been in the schools and on this board, though, we need to plan for next year and not force our way into this year," said Nicolo Onorato, Reagan High School special education teacher.
- Some Oakland schools won’t reopen as planned after teachers opt not to return early: ‘Very frustrate
- > Mar 26, 7:32 AM: More than a dozen Oakland elementary schools and preschools will not reopen as planned Tuesday after the majority, if not all, teachers at the sites opted not to return until required to do so in mid-April, despite an $800
- Many Americans who meet with Biden have something in common: union memberships
- Mar 24, 8:30 AM: Many of the everyday Americans who have met with President Joe Biden in his first two months in office have something in common: labor union membership.
- Teachers Union Pushes Back on CDC Distancing Guidance for Schools
- Mar 24, 8:28 AM: American Federation of Teachers President Randi Weingarten outlined a series of concerns about logistics that she says the CDC’s revised social distancing guidelines present.
- Getting schools reopened must be goal for everyone: Editorial
- > Mar 23, 7:22 AM: There are plenty of teachers who’d like to get back to work. They see their profession as a calling and care deeply about the kids in their charge. But it’s not up to the individual teachers. Rather, it’s left to the union
- Did Unions’ Lack of Support Spell Trouble for School Superintendent?
- > Mar 23, 7:08 AM: In April 2018, Hawaii’s schools superintendent Christina Kishimoto joined the teachers’ union at the State Capitol to witness a key Senate vote that secured passage of a constitutional amendment proposing a new tax to fund public
- Providence teachers vote no confidence in Commissioner Infante-Green, Superintendent Peters
- Mar 23, 5:34 AM: The vote, held virtually over the weekend, came as the school department sent displacement notices to 270 employees to inform them that they will have to apply for different jobs for the next school year.
- Providence sends displacement notices to 270 teachers; union fires back
- > Mar 22, 7:51 AM: The school department has notified 270 employees, mostly teachers, that they will have to apply for different jobs this spring. The school district, in a release Friday, said the displacements are the result of ending one-year
- Why Child Care Staff Had to Show Up While Teachers Worked Remotely
- > Mar 19, 7:55 AM: Over the last year, some educators, school officials and teachers’ union leaders in New York and across the country have declared that teachers are not babysitters, and that schools are not child care centers. The sentiment has
- Andrew Yang lays blame on teachers union for sluggish pace of school reopenings
- > Mar 19, 7:52 AM: The leading mayoral candidate, who has a 5-year-old son in a Manhattan public school, took aim at the city’s 190,000-member United Federation of Teachers for its perceived role in delaying school openings during an interview with
- Teacher’s union continues opposition over school reopening law
Even as a bill to reopen schools across North Carolina garnered unanimous bipartisan support and was fast-tracked through the legislature, North Carolina’s teacher’s union released a statement blasting Democratic Gov. Roy Cooper >
Mar 19, 5:45 AM: