- Ex-teacher’s union boss makes play to be Biden’s Education chief
- > Dec 4, 9:14 AM: The former president of the nation's largest teachers union is working to lock up support from Republican senators and Hispanic leaders in her bid to be picked as Education secretary, according to officials familiar with the
- War on Charter Schools: The NEA’s Self-Defeating Platform
- > Dec 4, 9:11 AM: In its latest policy platform, the National Education Association (NEA), the largest union that represents my profession, has once again made clear that it cares more about institutions than about families and students. The
- CTU hosts meeting for parents to weigh in on remote learning
- Dec 4, 7:23 AM: Parents of children in the Chicago Public Schools system had the chance to weigh in on how remote learning is working for them and what isn’t working Thursday evening.
- Commentary: Teachers’ unions wanting to close private schools doesn’t mean they have the
- > Dec 4, 7:05 AM: Why is the state teacher’s union lobbying Governor Tony Evers to close private and charter schools offering in-person education, even though the union has no control or vested interest over those educational
- How Teachers’ Unions Are Influencing Decisions on School Reopenings
- > Dec 3, 8:44 AM: Throughout the pandemic, teachers’ unions in many states and large districts have played a powerful role in negotiating school closures and reopenings. And with coronavirus cases surging around the nation, the labor groups are
- Cleveland Heights Teachers Union, school district strike tentative deal on 1st day of walkout
- Dec 3, 8:11 AM: A tentative contract agreement came fairly early on in the first day of a scheduled teachers strike for the Cleveland Heights-University Heights City School District on Wednesday (Dec. 2).
- Opinion: Our children need to be back in school
- > Dec 2, 9:10 AM: My father was a member of the United Steelworkers union for 42 years and I have teacher friends who are wonderful in the classroom, so I have empathy for some of the positive reasons for unions. But we need to retake our schools
- Opinion: Education Advice For Joe Biden
- > Dec 1, 8:54 AM: Mr. Biden should take note that traditional unions are on the decline for a reason and the old union model is not coming back. While unions have sometimes been seen as piggy banks for politicians, non-unions have successfully
- Heads of teachers’ unions ask for more time, flexibility in age of COVID
- > Nov 30, 6:53 AM: Presidents of seven teachers’ unions in Franklin, Oxford and Androscoggin counties sent a letter to the Sun Journal this week, spelling out in stark terms the many travails of trying to educate students in the age of
- Opinion: Why Do Teachers Unions Hate Our Kids?
- > Nov 25, 10:17 AM: Throughout the coronavirus pandemic, teachers unions have used in-person learning as leverage to forward their demands. They also have a history of bargaining for political advantage without apparent regard for the mental or
- Ohio Education Association wants new voucher options vetoed
- > Nov 25, 7:10 AM: Senate Bill 89 would expand the number of students potentially eligible for the state’s EdChoice Program, which provides private-school vouchers for students. It’s been trumpeted as a victory for parents, but the Ohio Education
- Rockford teachers union demands choice for teachers to work from home, district requiring teachers i
- > Nov 25, 6:46 AM: The Rockford Public School Board met both in-person and online Tuesday night for its board meeting. The Rockford Education Association demanded the board consider giving teachers the option to teach from home during the districts
- Opinion: A promise for Biden to break
- > Nov 24, 9:01 AM: But Joe Biden told the National Education Association in November 2019, “First thing, as president of the United States — not a joke — first thing I will do is make sure that the secretary of education is not Betsy DeVos, it is a
- Letter: Closing schools doesn’t keep kids safe — or educated
- Nov 24, 8:43 AM: Like tens of thousands of D.C. parents, I was disappointed that talks between the Washington Teachers’ Union and the Bowser administration had failed again.
- Teachers call for full remote learning, absent new protocols
- Nov 24, 7:57 AM: Teachers’ unions on Monday said all Connecticut public schools should switch to full-time remote learning until at least mid-January unless statewide coronavirus safety protocols are established and strictly enforced.
- Opinion: Teachers’ unions continue to abuse children
- > Nov 23, 10:01 AM: Defying coronavirus science, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidance, and common sense about where this dangerous path will lead, the chiefs of teachers’ unions continue to call for the closing of America’s schools and
- Nation’s Largest Teachers Union Demands Biden Oppose Charter School Expansion, End School Choi
- > Nov 23, 9:55 AM: A “policy playbook” released by the National Education Association, the nation’s largest teachers union, suggests the Biden administration should focus on public schools ahead of all else and even curb access to charter and private
- As Wisconsin Teachers’ Unions Call For Statewide Shutdown Criteria, Evers Doubles Down On Local Cont
- Nov 23, 7:28 AM: The state's largest teacher's union is asking the Wisconsin Department of Health Services to set specific COVID-19 benchmarks that would dictate when schools across the state should close their doors.
- State teachers union calls for more oversight of school reopening plans
- > Nov 23, 7:20 AM: The state teachers union is calling for stronger leadership and oversight of reopening plans at the school district level. In order for teachers to feel that they can keep their classrooms safe, the union argues, they must feel as
- Martha MacCallum presses teachers’ union head Weingarten on school closings:
- Nov 20, 9:29 AM: The Story" host Martha MacCallum tangled with American Federation of Teachers president Randi Weingarten Thursday night over New York City's decision to close public schools to in-person instruction.