- Miami-Dade, Broward teachers unions: ‘We deserve to go back to safe schools’
- > Sep 17, 7:46 AM: United Teachers of Dade and the Broward Teachers Union representatives accused state and school district authorities on Wednesday of negligence and recklessness for rushing to reopen schools without investing in the implementation
- N.Y. Teachers Union Sues Cuomo
- > Sep 17, 7:43 AM: New York’s largest teachers’ union has filed a lawsuit against Governor Andrew Cuomo over more than $5 billion in state spending that’s expected to be withheld from school districts. The cuts come during a massive state budget
- EDITORIAL: Unions plan a merger to protect the establishment
- > Sep 17, 7:37 AM: Make no mistake, together or apart the teachers unions run public schools. They control the administration, determine who is on the school board, and therefore what is taught in classrooms. They control a system in which 50% of
- Teachers union sues San Antonio ISD, saying it broke the law when letting charter firm take over sch
- > Sep 17, 5:52 AM: The Texas State Teachers Association has sued San Antonio ISD and the state's education commissioner, alleging they violated the law when they turned over a struggling elementary campus to a New York charter school
- Analysis: From Virtual Picket Lines to Remote-Only Walkouts, What Would a COVID-19 Teacher Strike Lo
- > Sep 16, 8:19 AM: Late last month, the United Federation of Teachers, representing employees of the nation’s largest school district, threatened to hold a strike authorization vote if certain safety measures related to the coronavirus weren’t put
- Florida’s Largest Teachers Union Pressing Gov. Ron DeSantis To Release Schools COVID Data
- Sep 16, 7:57 AM: Coronavirus cases are up 26% among children in Florida, but it’s not known how many of those involve kids who have returned to schools. That’s a question Gov. Ron DeSantis is under increasing pressure to answer.
- NYC Teachers Union Says Buildings Aren’t Ready to Open Monday
- Sep 15, 7:49 AM: Teachers who returned to school last week cite ongoing concerns about staffing shortages, ventilation and supplies
- De Blasio forges ahead with school reopening plan amid teacher and union protests
- > Sep 15, 7:46 AM: Just days before the start of a shaky new school year, panicked city teachers protested “unsafe” classrooms Monday, while Mayor Bill de Blasio continued to tangle with union leaders over Department of Education readiness amid the
- Sharon teachers rally over unsafe buildings, district says schools will open anyway
- Sep 15, 7:42 AM: Sharon teachers and students rallying over unsafe buildings on Monday said they want to return to the negotiating table for a fair deal, while the district said schools will be opening as planned next week.
- Teachers unions around the world clash with governments over coronavirus and school reopening plans
- > Sep 14, 8:07 AM: From picket lines to Zoom calls and even jail cells, the pandemic has thrust teachers unions to the forefront of the debate over education during the coronavirus pandemic. How to safely reopen schools has become a central question,
- Teacher unions are holding America’s students hostage
- > Sep 14, 8:04 AM: It would be ironic if teacher unions’ outrageous demands during the pandemic actually led to their downfall by making American parents aware of the fact that teacher unions are not concerned with the best interests of their
- Letter: Fault teacher unions for achievement gap in nation’s schools
- > Sep 14, 8:03 AM: In a tweet Joe Biden wrote on Jan 22, 2020, he said: “When we divert public funds to private schools, we undermine the entire public education system. We've got to prioritize investing in our public schools, so every kid in America
- Teachers union seeks safety review of Providence schools
- > Sep 14, 7:24 AM: With schools in most parts of Rhode Island starting to reopen for in-person learning on Monday, the Providence Teachers Union has asked a federal institute to evaluate school buildings in the state’s largest school district to
- NYC Teachers Protest ‘Unsafe’ School Conditions Amid New Threats to Delay In-Person Start
- Sep 14, 7:18 AM: The head of the city's largest teachers' union reached a deal with City Hall to avoid a strike; he says City Hall isn't holding up its end of the bargain.
- Teachers Not Returning to PUSD Classrooms Without New MOU
- > Sep 14, 7:15 AM: As Pasadena Now previously reported, schools can reopen on Monday, but there is just one problem: Local teachers and the Pasadena Unified School District remain at odds over a contract, and teachers will not return until the
- Boston schools and teachers union reach agreement on reopening conditions
- Sep 11, 9:02 AM: After months of bargaining and rallying for a safe return to school, members of the Boston Teachers Union have reached an agreement on a reopening framework with Boston Public Schools.
- Randi Weingarten blasts latest Senate GOP coronavirus bill as ‘bulimic’
- Sep 10, 8:52 AM: Randi Weingarten ripped Senate Republicans' latest slimmed down coronavirus legislation as a "bulimic" bill that will hurt public schools while giving tax breaks to the wealthy for private education.
- Quinn: Buffalo Teacher’s Federation used power to push through new Buffalo Schools Calendar
- > Sep 10, 8:27 AM: Buffalo School Board Member Larry Quinn told WBEN on Thursday morning that the 43-week school calendar that was adopted by the board the night before was fully influenced by the Buffalo Teacher's Federation, who refused to
- ‘Chronic Unpredictability’: Vermont Teachers Union On Returning To The Classroom
- Sep 10, 8:22 AM: Across Vermont, students are returning to classrooms this week, though teachers and staff have been preparing for some time now. It's going to be an unusual year for everyone.
- Teachers push back against return to classroom in several communities citing COVID-19 concerns
- Sep 10, 8:19 AM: More showdowns are shaping up between Massachusetts school districts and some teachers who don't want to return to the classroom.