- ‘What are we waiting for?’: Teachers’ union urges Milwaukee to reinstate mask mand
- Sep 10, 11:24 AM: Calls for Milwaukee to reinstate its indoor mask mandate are getting louder. Some members of Common Council, the Milwaukee School Board and now the teachers' union are all pushing for the city to mask up again.
- Opinion: The teachers unions are running the CDC
- > Sep 10, 11:18 AM: If there was any doubt that politics, not science, is driving the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s coronavirus guidance, newly released emails between the CDC and a powerful teachers union should settle the question
- Colorado teachers unions fall into line with U.S. Supreme Court ruling on agency fees
- > Sep 9, 1:56 PM: All Colorado school districts now appear to be complying with the U.S. Supreme Court’s decision that teachers and other public school employees cannot be forced to pay “agency fees” to unions if they are not union
- CDC tightened masking guidelines after threats from teachers union, emails show
- Sep 9, 1:39 PM: The Biden administration tightened its masking guidance after a prominent teachers union threatened White House officials with publicly releasing harsh criticism, internal emails show.
- ‘Every day is a risk’: Teachers union files grievances against DOE over COVID concerns
- Sep 8, 3:20 PM: Amid an ongoing COVID surge in the islands, the Hawaii State Teacher Association is calling on the DOE to provide more resources, flexibility and a chance to be heard.
- Los Angeles’s Largest Teachers’ Union Is Out of Control
- > Sep 8, 3:00 PM: When they show you who they are, believe them. Teachers’ unions have shown their true colors over the past 18 months by consistently prioritizing their own interests over the needs of families — and some of them are so drunk on
- Column: Teachers unions have been influential during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Sep 8, 2:53 PM: In Philadelphia, the teachers union forced the school district to reverse a decision to reopen schools last winter by refusing to report to their buildings over COVID-19 concerns.
- Opinion: Conservative Reforms Worked Wonders in Blue Wisconsin
- Aug 27, 8:54 AM: Protesters claimed our reforms would hurt education, but the reforms we enacted a decade ago are still working.
- Orange County teacher’s union pushes for stronger mask mandate
- Aug 17, 4:23 PM: Its latest push follows the recent backing of the decisions of Florida’s school superintendents from the U.S. Department of Education.
- The Health 202: Labor unions are split on vaccine mandates
- Aug 17, 4:10 PM: President Biden came into office touting his strong ties with the labor movement. But when it comes to his administration’s recent push for vaccine mandates, unions are hardly in lockstep.
- Editorial: For unions, vaccines can’t be just another negotiation
- > Aug 16, 3:28 PM: Last week, the head of one of the nation's largest teachers unions, the American Federation of Teachers, did an about-face and came out in support of vaccine mandates as teachers and students, many of whom can't be vaccinated yet,
- As schools reopen, state laws and unions resist COVID-19 vaccine mandates
- > Aug 13, 11:46 AM: A growing chorus of public health experts and educators are calling for COVID-19 vaccine mandates for teachers, but several states with high case rates ban such measures, and teachers unions have yet to change their policies
- Over 22,000 Illinois School Employees Stop Handing their Pay to a Union
- Aug 13, 11:45 AM: Since being given a choice by the U.S. Supreme Court’s landmark decision in Janus v. AFSCME, over 22,000 teachers and other public education workers across Illinois have exercised their right not to join or pay a union.
- Editorial: Negotiated agreements are better than school districts mandating vaccines for staff
- > Aug 13, 11:40 AM: It may be legal, but any mandate should be worked out with the unions if for no other reason than to avoid any potential for costly legal battles — battles that ultimately would be paid for by taxpayers. And, again, better than a
- Baltimore Teachers Union announces agreement with city schools that includes pay raises
- Aug 13, 11:39 AM: After 25 negotiating sessions the Baltimore Teachers Union on Thursday announced an agreement with city schools that includes pay raises and protects employee healthcare plans and other benefits.
- With caveats, Washington Teachers Union follows national unions and says it would support a vaccine
- > Aug 10, 3:42 PM: The Washington Teachers’ Union says it would support a coronavirus vaccine mandate for teachers if the union has input over how it is enacted — a slight shift from its previous stance that the mayor should allow unvaccinated
- Boston Teachers Union president says she would support a vaccine mandate for educators
- > Aug 10, 3:40 PM: Jessica Tang, president of the Boston Teachers Union, said Monday she would support a vaccine mandate for educators — with some exceptions. Tang’s stance follows remarks made by the head of the union’s umbrella organization
- If teachers unions care about kids, mandate the shot | Editorial
- Aug 10, 3:34 PM: It was a relief to see the head of one of America’s two big teacher unions, Randi Weingarten, take a strong moral stand on Sunday: We should mandate the Covid vaccine for teachers, she declared.
- Opinion: Another Excuse to Disrupt Education
- > Aug 10, 3:32 PM: How long will teachers unions continue to create obstacles to normal school operation while claiming to favor it? Witness the American Federation of Teachers. The union has launched a $5 million campaign promoting the idea that it
- Opinion: Teachers unions’ mask demands have gotten them into a Catch-22 dilemma
- Aug 10, 9:44 AM: You’d think they would’ve learned the first time: Power-hungry teachers unions are once again setting the stage to make children and their families miserable.