- Ivanka Trump, Apple CEO bring national spotlight to Idaho education
- > Nov 28, 8:41 AM: Ivanka Trump and Apple CEO Tim Cook visited Wilder Elementary School to see how the school district was incorporating Apple technology into student learning, Superintendent Jeff Dillon told parents in a letter Monday. The district
- Reality Check Episode 46: Information Portability, Data Sharing & Choice in Ed with Jonathan Harber
Jonathan Harber joins Reality Check in New York to discuss his work as an education technology pioneer and entrepreneur in the education world and realm of capital. Jonathan talks through the concepts behind the StartED >
Nov 20, 8:31 AM:
- Regulation-Free Kansas Schools Want Rules Back
- Nov 20, 6:08 AM: Seven Kansas school districts freed from some state rules now say getting that special status isn’t worth the effort.
- Reality Check Episode 45: Putting Education in Reach of Every Child, with Denise Gallucci, GEMS Educ
- > Nov 14, 7:50 AM: Denise Gallucci, chief executive officer of GEMS Education Americas, works tirelessly within and outside of her own company to help build a global citizenry among learners at all levels who can contribute positively and make real
- Column: The Case for Competence
- > Oct 25, 7:51 AM: The most promising but challenging part of the transformation will be from marking time to demonstrating mastery. For hundreds of years, schools have been organized around age cohorts and lockstep progress based on a compulsory
- SC State, Clemson partnership to bring STEM education to at-risk youth
- Oct 25, 5:44 AM: Two South Carolina universities are teaming up to serve at-risk students by offering STEM-based education.
- Commentary: Design school buildings to support innovative learning
- > Oct 19, 7:29 AM: When we talk about the need to innovate in schools, the discussion is usually on teaching methods and technology. I would suggest an additional, complementary solution — the redesign of school buildings to accommodate the
- Scores Suggest Personalized Learning Pays
- > Oct 11, 5:53 AM: For years, New Haven Public Schools have tried to shift the way classes are taught. Rather than covering the same material with the entire class, teachers are now expected to differentiate the lessons for a wide range of skill
- Counterpoint: School boards and superintendents do support innovation
- Oct 10, 5:21 AM: We agree with a commentary on the need for such things as teacher flexibility. We disagree that boards and administrators resist change.
- Milton High School partners with GivingPoint Social Innovators Academy
- Sep 18, 5:55 AM: Milton High School is the first public school to partner with the GivingPoint. Through the partnership students have a new outlet to help “turn their passions and ideas into real-world entrepreneurial opportunities.
- Rural Idaho school district named top in the nation for innovation
- Sep 13, 5:29 AM: The Wilder School District is receiving national recognition from the School Superintendents Association and the Successful Practices Network for being one of the most innovative school systems in the country.
- Top education official tours two Indiana schools in search for innovation
- Sep 13, 4:40 AM: The U.S. Department of Education will be creating a "buffet" of innovative education models and at least two Indiana schools may be included as examples.
- Opinion: Embrace Fully Innovations Underway in K-12 Education
- Sep 11, 5:23 AM: There are many changes taking place in education. As an outward sign of this change, schools are striving to make their environments more like the “real world,” which is to say like adult workplaces.
- Opinion: It’s time to rethink school from every aspect
- > Sep 7, 7:29 AM: We need to re-think school from every possible point of view. Generally schools are managed and governed by less than visionary figures — there are of course some great exceptions. Let’s put vision and daring into the design of our
- Editorial: Time for school innovation
- Sep 7, 5:42 AM: The answer lies in innovation, including changing the way schools operate, utilizing multi-grade-level teaching and introducing the latest technology, including online classes.
- Vista High transitioning to ‘personalized learning’ program
- Sep 7, 4:47 AM: Three years into a $10 million grant to transform Vista High School into the high school of the future, the campus is adjusting to a new approach to education, and welcoming a new principal.
- RI schools reinventing classroom through personalized learning
- > Aug 31, 6:24 AM: Now that he’s the principal of the school, Anderson is working closely with the teachers there to reinvent the classroom by embracing personalized learning, an innovative concept designed to tailor the school experience for the
- Reality Check with Jeanne Allen Episode 34: What is the ‘Modern School?’
- Aug 28, 7:25 AM: Creating innovative opportunities to build a different type of education system is one of the things that Chris Whittle does best. He is reimagining education, creating what is being called “the first global school.
- New direction for Gates Foundation aims to build on progress in L.A. schools
- Aug 28, 7:22 AM: The L.A. district and others across the country hope to benefit from a foundation effort to build on what already is helping to keep students on track toward graduation.
- Commentary: Innovation is key for educational equality
- > Aug 14, 7:27 AM: Soon more than 50 million American students will start or head back to K-12 public schools. Many will go to classrooms with devices like iPads or laptops for each student, smart boards and other emerging technologies. Their parents