- Schools with mask mandates go remote while mask-optional private schools continue in-person
- > Dec 10, 7:01 AM: The Illinois State Board of Education has school districts without COVID-19 mask mandates on its naughty list. The private schools listed continue in-person learning. No such list exists for the public schools complying with masks
- New York Religious Schools Face a Vaccine Mandate. Will They Fight It?
- Dec 6, 9:27 AM: Mayor Bill de Blasio set a vaccine mandate for religious and private schools. Jewish and Catholic leaders are frustrated, and some have predicted legal challenges.
- American Rescue Plan funds available to support Virginia private schools
- Dec 2, 6:20 AM: A teacher-led rally against hybrid learning in Simcoe County high schools had around two dozen people voicing their concerns out in the cold on Wednesday. afternoon in south-end Barrie.
- Private Schools May Miss Out On Federal Covid Relief Funds
- Nov 29, 8:30 AM: Qualifying private schools in Hawaii are eligible to tap into $10.3 million in federal Covid-19 relief funds to help offset the cost of cleaning supplies or personal protective equipment for staff.
- Christian schools note growing enrollment as parents seek alternatives to public schools
- > Oct 26, 4:59 AM: Like many private religious schools, Colorado Springs Christian Schools stayed open after mandatory closures lifted last spring, while still following public health practices, such as installing air filtration systems and stepping
- For months, California private schools have been waiting for ‘emergency’ Covid aid
- > Oct 25, 8:07 AM: Recognizing that all schools were struggling with Covid, Congress offered help this year for private along with public schools. The $5.5 billion for non-public schools was small compared with the $230 billion in pandemic relief for
- Is There a Lack of Diversity in Private Schools?
- > Oct 21, 8:37 AM: As millions of people took to the streets last year to protest for racial justice across America, Black students began to relay stories about what they experience in private schools on a popular Philadelphia-area platform called
- Christian schools note growing enrollment as parents seek options to curriculum, pandemic disputes
- Oct 18, 5:50 AM: Parents noticed that the pandemic’s typical seesawing between live classroom instruction and remote learning didn’t seem to be happening at faith-based schools.
- Private school voucher program enrollments increase after DeSantis signs bill
- Sep 30, 8:17 AM: Several of the private schools Channel 3 spoke to say they've seen a significant increase in the number of students coming to their private schools with vouchers. To the point that some of them currently have a waitlist.
- Norwich Free Academy Launches ‘Learning Labs’ to Address Pandemic Learning Impact
- Sep 23, 8:39 AM: With that goal of learning acceleration, NFA launched learning labs. The labs focus on math and English and are designed to help students who were doing well before the pandemic, but then began to struggle.
- How Much Does Private School Cost?
- Sep 15, 8:52 AM: The average annual tuition among America’s 22,440 private K-12 schools is $12,350 as of August this year, according to EducationData.org. But behind that average is a very wide range of numbers
- CNY private schools will use some pandemic learning strategies during future school years
- Sep 14, 10:19 AM: There are things the schools learned throughout the pandemic that they are taking with them in the future. Technology is a big one.
- NC sent millions to private schools with anti-LGBTQ+ policies
- Sep 7, 3:53 PM: Five Mecklenburg County private schools with policies that target LGBTQ+ people received nearly $750,000 in state money during the 2020-2021 school year, the most recently available data show.
- Some Knox Co parents aren’t sending students back to public schools
- > Aug 26, 4:40 PM: The enrollment director with Sacred Heart Cathedral School told WVLT News it has had an eight percent increase since 2019 and added an extra class to just about each grade in 2021. She believed the COVID-19 response from public
- Thales Academy is bringing a low-cost, private K-12 school to Greenville
- > Aug 26, 4:33 PM: At Thales, there is one school administrator, one assistant administrator and then teachers. That’s it. The teachers run their classrooms, Luddy said, which allows for more autonomy depending upon the needs of each specific
- Religious schools see increases in enrollment
- > Aug 24, 10:35 AM: The bump appears to be due to a combination of factors: retention of families who sought out in-person alternatives to pandemic-related hybrid instruction plans many schools offered last school year; and recent developments in the
- Private schools also facing COVID safety challenges as semester begins
- > Aug 23, 1:10 PM: Atlanta area private schools are facing the same quandary that public schools do as they reopen for fall: how to control the spread of COVID-19 enough to keep students in classrooms in places where public health recommendations
- 42 States Where Private School Costs Less Than Public School
- > Aug 11, 4:50 PM: Parents might assume that sending their children to private school is too expensive. But in most states, the average annual private school tuition is actually less than the average amount spent per child in a U.S. public school,
- New Bay Area academy combines aspects of private school, homeschooling
- Aug 5, 12:22 PM: As many families prepare to send their kids back to school, one group of parents and educators in the Clear Lake area is looking to establish a different concept for learning in the region.
- Growing enrollment expected at local private school
- > Jul 30, 9:19 AM: Superintendent Rick Rapp, who also serves as pastor at the affiliated Gateway Church International, said that enrollment at Chaves County’s largest private school now totals 410 for kindergarten to 12th grade, up from 375 at the