- Innovations Academy - Catch-Up Program for High School Students
- > Aug 15, 6:47 AM: High school students who might not otherwise graduate are welcome at a personalized learning program where they choose their own lessons and finish classes on their own schedule. Called “Innovations Academy,” the program is limited
- Commentary: What Does ‘Personalized Learning’ Even Mean?
- > Jul 19, 8:04 AM: Personalized learning is all over the educational landscape these days, even though nobody can offer a clear and consistent explanation for what it might be. The field encompasses everyone from teachers designing more effective
- The Messy Reality of Personalized Learning
- Jul 10, 7:24 AM: Untangling the mixed record of the latest big-fix educational trend promoted by Silicon Valley.
- Clark County schools to join pilot program for personalized learning
- Jul 8, 6:34 AM: The Clark County School District says it will join a pilot program that aims to bring personalized learning and assessment to classrooms.
- Report Ranks Utah As A Leader In Personalized Education Model
- Jun 5, 7:53 AM: It means that more of Juab’s students are choosing to stay in school. He thinks it’s a result of an approach to personalized learning that the district of 2,587 students began to take about seven years ago.
- Opinion: Parents Need to Support 21st Century Education
- > May 31, 8:37 AM: For the past twenty-five years, educators have repeatedly set as their goal the creation of a “personalized” system of instruction that would radically improve our ability to educate our children. Most parents have not dug deep
- Protesting parents are fighting this web-based school program, but some in Ky. love it.
- May 29, 6:21 AM: Some parents at Lincoln County Middle School at Stanford, like some families in other states, are protesting a web-based program called Summit Learning that more than 30 Kentucky schools are using.
- Utah officials, education leaders call for more personalization in schools
- May 16, 5:45 AM: Utah has made progress in recent years when it comes to personalizing education and broadening opportunities for underserved students — but there’s still work to be done.
- Chartiers Valley program readies students for real work experiences
- May 14, 7:42 AM: At Chartiers Valley High School, an experimental sustainability-centered class this school year, known as the internship and career experience program, put the students in the driver seat.
- Kevin Chavous: Fixing America’s Education Crisis
- > Apr 12, 7:37 AM: America is in an education crisis. An estimated two thirds of America’s high school graduates are neither career, nor college ready. On this episode of American Thought Leaders we talk with Kevin Chavous, a leading school choice
- Effectiveness of Personalized Learning Program in NJ Questioned
- Feb 28, 7:02 AM: Results highlight debate over how to measure what’s working in the classroom when kids are learning different things
- Commentary: Justice reform and education reform are linked
- > Feb 11, 6:05 AM: Education is the great equalizer and the best vehicle in driving students toward their passions. When done right, these passions then lead students to a life where they can thrive---and not just survive. This fundamental
- Bill to expand mastery education pilot program introduced
- Feb 8, 7:12 AM: A bill to let more schools take part in the state’s mastery-based education pilot program was introduced into the Senate Education Committee on Wednesday.
- What if personalized learning was less about me and more about us?
- > Dec 26, 9:28 AM: The project typifies the mix of personalized and social learning that has been a mainstay for 25 years at King, a founding member of a school network called EL Education. The network sets these schools apart from a more recent wave
- Reality Check Episode 48: The Future of Education — Reimagining Learning with Kelly Young
- > Dec 11, 8:41 AM: Kelly Young, executive director of Education Reimagined, joins Reality Check to talk about her quest to bring learner-centric education models and methods to the forefront of practice in the field and tools and techniques to the
- Personalized learning launches in Rochester schools
- Dec 10, 8:39 AM: Five city schools launched their personalized learning programs recently with lighthearted, interactive skits to get students excited about what’s in store for their classrooms.
- Making it personal: Pilot program looks to create better learning environment
- > Nov 26, 7:35 AM: Officials with Bedford County Public Schools said schools involved in the division’s personalized learning pilot program are “definitely on the right track” in creating a better learning experience for
- The Future Of Learning? Well, It’s Personal
- > Nov 16, 7:08 AM: If you do a Google image search for "classroom," you'll mostly see one familiar scene: rows or groups of desks, with a spot at the front of the room for the teacher. One teacher, many students: It's basically the definition of
- Lt. Gov. Forest sees personalized learning first-hand at Shuford
- Oct 24, 5:53 AM: This format allows the teacher to focus on the students who need a little more attention and the teacher can see how to direct those efforts. Every classroom in Shuford Elementary works in this way.