- Statewide virtual school provider selected, broadband access ‘inequities’ remain
- Jul 6, 6:36 AM: The Alabama State Department of Education (ALSDE) has selected a company called SchoolsPLP to provide a statewide virtual learning option for K-12 students in the upcoming school year.
- Northwest Arkansas parents weighing virtual school option for kids
- > Jul 6, 5:52 AM: A stay-at-home mom, Killebrew worries about sending her daughter to school amid a pandemic, but also has concerns about remote learning, particularly how she'll manage Audrey's education while caring for two younger
- A third of CCSD families might choose online-only schooling this fall. Here’s why
- > Jul 6, 5:49 AM: The Clark County School District reopening proposal calls for in-person learning two days a week and online learning for three. There is also the option for online-only instruction, which a CCSD survey shows 30% of families would
- Zoom isn’t perfect, but educators are learning how to make it work
- > Jul 2, 6:54 AM: Ask educators if Zoom can completely recreate the classroom experience and many likely will say it can’t. But they also say use of the platform is improving to where calling it “the next best thing” is meant as a positive
- Virtual Academy provides learning options
- Jul 1, 6:09 AM: What started as a way to simply offer more educational choices to Northampton County families will also become another option for families concerned about the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
- Arkansas schools plan for complete virtual learning options this fall
- > Jul 1, 5:48 AM: School officials are planning for the upcoming school year using guidance from the Arkansas Department of Education. The Arkansas School for Mathematics, Sciences and Arts and the Lake Hamilton School District have announced
- A Third of K-12 Students Aren’t Adequately Connected for Remote Learning, Report Says
- Jun 30, 8:17 AM: Prior to the pandemic, between 15 and 16 million U.S. students out of 50 million total lived in a household that lacked either Internet access, a digital device, or both, according to a new report from Common Sense Media.
- iEARN provides online international education platform
- Jun 30, 8:15 AM: While schools are closed and both teachers and students are sequestered in their homes, one online education platform is continuing to connect educators and pupils through fulfilling project-based learning and collaboration.
- LCPS survey shows that 33% of parents will likely opt for 100% distance learning
- Jun 30, 7:48 AM: More than 200 Loudoun County residents signed up to share their thoughts with the Loudoun County school board, as they consider their options for the next school year.
- Bibb Schools launches first virtual school program, ‘VIP Academy’
- Jun 30, 7:06 AM: Bibb Schools has launched a new, free virtual school in the hopes of attracting private and home-schooled students.
- ‘This is hell’: Parents and kids hate online classes. Going back to school likely will include more
- > Jun 29, 8:50 AM: As millions of teachers and families discovered this fall, learning virtually is hard. For many students, it's difficult to engage with classmates and participate in class. For many teachers, it's difficult to help struggling
- Some students will stay home in the fall. School districts have to figure out how to teach them.
- > Jun 29, 5:48 AM: But many school districts are also beginning to plan for a whole other world of teaching and learning — the all-virtual experience that students who stay home for medical or other reasons will need, and that some share of parents
- How To Hybrid Homeschool This Fall
- Jun 25, 8:20 AM: As someone who has written a lot about hybrid homeschooling, the plans that school districts have been drafting for school this fall have not instilled a great deal of confidence.
- Digital Academy and Leon County Virtual School: What’s the difference?
- Jun 25, 6:20 AM: Digital Academy, Leon County Virtual School, Florida Virtual School — parents in Leon County are wondering what the different options mean for their children.
- Virtual school program is now available for homeschool families
- Jun 25, 6:06 AM: Homeschool families in Randolph County who have interest in involving their students socially now have an opportunity to do so while introducing their child to rigorous academic courses.
- If schools close again, a new grant will help them be better prepared for online learning
- > Jun 23, 7:40 AM: As schools prepare to reopen classrooms in the fall, many are planning for continued online learning – in the event that some students aren’t ready to return to in-person instruction or if the coronavirus pandemic forces school
- Arkansas schools consider options for virtual learning
- > Jun 23, 5:40 AM: Some Arkansas school districts are finalizing virtual learning options for students in kindergarten through 12th grades because officials are uncertain if schools can safely operate on a traditional schedule amid the
- Huron Valley, Roseville schools launch online learning programs for fall
- > Jun 19, 7:07 AM: Some Michigan school districts are not waiting for the governor and her education council to come up with a plan to safely reopen classrooms, choosing instead to launch 100% online schools and programs as an option for K-12
- With online learning, class bullies fade to the background
- Jun 17, 7:59 AM: Online school has created an environment that in some cases has simplified social dynamics for students, providing relief from class bullies and social media pressure.
- Some families won’t return when schools reopen. Wake wants to give them online option.
- Jun 17, 6:56 AM: The Wake County school system plans to offer a virtual school option this fall for students who don’t feel comfortable returning to campus during the coronavirus pandemic.