- Enrollment down in traditional NYC public schools, as charters grow
While traditional public schools continue to “hemorrhage” students, New York City charter schools have seen increases in enrollment, a new study has found.
Jul 21, 7:41 AM:
- Operation Education: What schools are families choosing?
- > Jul 19, 8:16 AM: Families can choose to send their children to public schools or charter schools of their choice. Parents can also chose most private schools in the state and many are eligible to receive financial help through the Indiana Choice
- Report shows enrollment in DC schools is down and projected to continue to decline
- Jul 19, 8:00 AM: A report by the DC Policy Center shows enrollment growth stalled in D.C. schools during the pandemic and if the trend continues, an enrollment that currently stands at 87,000 could decline to 81,000 by 2026.
- Here’s what charter enrollment numbers tell about Black students
- Jul 19, 7:53 AM: During the pandemic, we’ve seen an exodus of teachers from public schools, but it turns out educators aren’t the only ones ditching traditional K-12 education institutions.
- Teaching college enrollment has plummeted. The NC Teaching Fellows program is fueling limited growth
- Jul 18, 7:59 AM: Education majors fell since the recession, classroom vacancies are now soaring
- The U.S. student population is more diverse, but schools are still highly segregated
- Jul 14, 9:55 AM: The U.S. student body is more diverse than ever before. Nevertheless, public schools remain highly segregated along racial, ethnic and socioeconomic lines.
- D.C. school enrollment expected to drop after years of increases
- Jul 14, 9:17 AM: The shift is driven by declining birthrates and people leaving the city or changing schools during the pandemic, study finds
- Developing Career Clarity In High School
- > Jul 13, 7:47 AM: The more dynamic the job market and the more expensive college gets, the more important career education becomes. However, most US students don’t get the chance to match their strengths and interests to emerging career
- D.C. public school enrollment slows
- Jul 13, 7:21 AM: D.C. public schools’ enrollment growth slowed to a crawl during the pandemic. And it’s not likely to substantially increase in the near future, according to a D.C. Policy Center report released today.
- Albany Leadership Charter School for Girls to expand
- Jul 8, 8:52 AM: A big expansion is on the way for Albany Leadership Charter School for Girls. The school has acquired the building that’s been home to Bishop Maginn High School.
- Tucson Unified sees second year of high demand for summer courses
- Jun 27, 7:54 AM: Tucson Unified School District saw one of its highest summer school enrollment numbers this year, with more than 11,000 students in grades K-12 taking classes during June.
- Harris Poll: Education Political Driver for Parents Ahead of Midterm Elections
A survey of more than 5,000 parents released today found education ranks high among their concerns ahead of the critical midterm elections — and that 82% would vote for someone outside their party if the candidate’s education >
Jun 21, 9:31 AM:
- College enrollment drops 1.4M students, threatening long-term stability of higher education
- Jun 21, 9:29 AM: New concerns are being raised about the long-term outlook of higher education as enrollment numbers continue to decline and coronavirus relief funds run out.
- Enrollment losses in NYC public schools even sharper than predicted, down 80,000 in two years
- > Jun 16, 9:41 AM: City public school registers have fallen to roughly 920,000 students for the 2021-2022 school year, according to finalized enrollment data from the Education Department. That’s 20,000 fewer students than the agency’s preliminary
- School Enrollment Crashed in Fall 2020, the Steepest Drop Since 1943
Schools experienced the largest single-year drop in enrollment since World War II during the first year of the COVID-10 pandemic, new data from the National Center for Education Statistics’ 2022 Condition of Education Report >
Jun 9, 7:57 AM:
- Parents Flee The Public School System As Charter Schools See Surge In Enrollment
- Jun 9, 7:54 AM: Partial blame for the decline in public schools can be attributed to the pandemic; though the trends have been occurring for several years, the report claimed.
- 9 charts that explain Denver’s declining enrollment challenge
- Jun 9, 7:50 AM: Declining enrollment is arguably the most pressing issue facing Denver Public Schools, and the district’s latest annual report takes a deep dive into current numbers and future predictions.
- Public charter schools making enrollment progress in West Virginia
- > Jun 9, 6:50 AM: The West Virginia Professional Charter School Board met virtually Wednesday morning to receive updates on the progress of the state’s first two brick-and-mortar public charter schools and the first two statewide virtual public
- Rapid growth sparks classroom demand for some Florida schools
- Jun 8, 10:07 AM: Some Florida school districts shrank during the pandemic, as some students found other options they preferred and some just stayed away.
- Minnesota public school enrollment declines
Minnesota's enrollment decline ranked as the 26th steepest out of 46 states that had data available, according to a national survey by the American Enterprise Institute and the College Crisis Initiative at Davidson College. >
Jun 6, 8:56 AM: