- VP pick Kamala Harris clashed with Biden on school desegregation, pushed for teacher pay hike
- > Aug 12, 8:22 AM: Former Vice President Joe Biden announced California Sen. Kamala Harris as his vice presidential pick on Tuesday. Harris’ own primary campaign was defined in part by education issues, including an extended clash with Biden on
- Club for Growth attack ad targets Biden’s agenda for education
- > Aug 12, 8:17 AM: While school choice is not a bread-and-butter issue for the conservative group, Club for Growth co-founder Stephen Moore said he thinks the issue is a kitchen table concern for all Americans and every Republican should run their
- Deroy Murdock: Biden stands in schoolhouse door on educational choice
- > Aug 10, 8:23 AM: Along with law and order and entrepreneurship, school choice offers minority communities the most promising path to hope and opportunity. Joe Biden claims to believe that Black lives matter. Tragically, however, Black minds don’t
- Club for Growth launches anti-Biden ad blitz
- Aug 6, 7:56 AM: The anti-tax Club for Growth is launching a multimillion dollar ad campaign going after Joe Biden, as Republicans find themselves overwhelmed by liberal outside groups in the presidential race.
- Money trail shows school choice in Democrats’ crosshairs
- > Aug 6, 6:33 AM: Follow the money, the saying goes. In this year’s elections in North Carolina, the money leans left. School choice is the target. You can see it in the race for state superintendent and, subtly, in the fight for state Supreme
- Column: Joe Biden Does Not Offer New Ideas on Education
- Aug 5, 8:18 AM: Joe Biden’s campaign platform is beginning to creep out of his basement. Let’s look at one pressing national issue: education.
- Post-Pandemic, Joe Biden Needs to Rethink His K-12 Education Plans
- > Aug 4, 7:56 AM: Unfortunately, it’s unlikely Biden’s education plan – written before the coronavirus appeared – can produce what we need. It would pour massive amounts of money into the old, centralized district model, offering no systemic change
- Opinion: A Joe Biden presidency would be a disaster for our schools: Devine
- Aug 3, 7:53 AM: What is it with Democrats and their hostility to schools that offer poor minority kids the best ticket out of generational poverty and disadvantage?
- Opinion: A Biden Presidency Won’t Help Black School Children (video)
- Jul 30, 8:04 AM: Henninger: "The Biden/Sanders education proposals not only reinforce the public-school status-quo, they will suppress its competition."
- Biden Opens the Door for School Choice
- Jul 30, 7:53 AM: Into this evolving landscape steps presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden, who appears to have proposed—without quite realizing it—the largest expansion of federal school choice in American history.
- Trump’s sweeping claim that Biden wants to ‘abolish all charter schools’
- > Jul 29, 7:49 AM: The Trump campaign argues that other aspects of Biden’s agenda, such as his opposition to the Opportunity Scholarships in D.C. and the school district review of charter school funding is putting the country on a path to eliminating
- Trump’s push to reopen schools gets low grades from parents
- Jul 24, 8:31 AM: Trump’s blunt position has fallen flat with voters, according to multiple polls. An Associated Press survey on Monday found the public disapproved of Trump’s handling of education issues by a 2-to-1 margin.
- Trump trains his eyes on education as he hunts path to victory
- Jul 23, 9:04 AM: He is also newly focused on school choice policies, which let families use tax dollars for private school tuition. Aides see both as political winners with suburban women and, in the case of school choice, black voters, too.
- Fact-check: Does Joe Biden want to end school choice?
- Jul 21, 8:29 AM: The Biden campaign says he’s fine with school choice, just not the variety Trump has in mind.
- EDITORIAL: Biden puts adults before students in education plan
- Jul 20, 8:28 AM: When there’s a conflict between the desires of union officials and the needs of students, Joe Biden has made his stance clear. Adults come first.
- EDITORIAL: Teachers first?
- > Jul 13, 9:16 AM: In fact, during a education forum during the primaries, Joe Biden said charter schools "are gone" if he's elected. No matter how many families are on waiting lists to get into them, knowing they might provide a real chance for an
- Biden-Sanders Task Force: Pay Teachers More, Treat Them Like Frontline Workers
- > Jul 9, 7:33 AM: A joint task force convened by former rivals for the Democratic presidential nomination say that educators should not only be paid more, but should get new, temporary emergency protections so that they can be treated like frontline
- School Choice: Trump v. Biden
- > Jun 29, 8:55 AM: Yet, despite the lack of media attention on this critical issue, the two candidates hold polar opposite views that should receive scrutiny. Why? Because the utter lack of school choice for most American families is producing dire
- As COVID-19 changes education systems, Washington school superintendent candidates push for local co
- Jun 29, 5:45 AM: Five candidates are running in Washington’s Aug. 4 primary against incumbent Chris Reykdal for Superintendent of Public Instruction, calling for more local control of schools amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Special education would get big boost under Biden proposal
- > Jun 26, 8:09 AM: In a rare move by a presidential candidate, former Vice President Joe Biden detailed his plans this month calling for full federal funding of special education — something that hasn’t happened since Congress first passed sweeping