- Column: Pearce’s education ad is deceptive
- > Sep 19, 6:28 AM: The recent television advertisement in which U.S. Rep. Steve Pearce tries to create the image he will be a strong governor on behalf of our students by using sweet-sounding words such as “Let our teachers teach. … Good teachers
- Candidates For 75th Assembly District Disagree On Private School Voucher Need
- Sep 19, 4:43 AM: Voters in the 75th Assembly District north of Eau Claire have a clear choice of candidates depending on their views of the state’s private school voucher program.
- Ron DeSantis education plan: Cut bureaucracy, back school choice
- Sep 19, 4:29 AM: Republican gubernatorial candidate Ron DeSantis released his education platform Tuesday, vowing to cut administrative costs and put the savings into school choice programs and incentives to recruit and retain teachers.
- Candidates for Arizona schools chief debate vouchers, charters’ oversight and more
- Sep 14, 6:12 AM: The two contenders for state schools chief found one key agreement in a debate Thursday: Both oppose Proposition 305.
- Education Is a Top Issue in the Midterms
- > Sep 13, 7:31 AM: All across America, public anger over education funding has scrambled the political map for November. The activism that started with this spring’s sudden wave of teacher strikes and walkouts didn’t ebb when the picket lines did. It
- Charter school group gives to political candidates
- Sep 12, 6:12 AM: The political arm of an influential education reform group has spent thousands to boost the fortunes of three incumbent Democrats campaigning in Thursday’s upcoming primary, campaign filings show.
- 550 teachers on fall ballot, union says
- Sep 11, 7:11 AM: Approximately 550 educators are on fall election ballots, the National Education Association, a teachers union, claimed Monday, following a national survey of federal, state, and local elections.
- Education is a top priority for Tennessee voters in gubernatorial race
- Sep 11, 5:37 AM: Quality education is one of the most important issues Tennessee voters are thinking about before they cast their ballots in November, according to a statewide poll.
- It’s official: Frank Riggs narrowly wins GOP primary in school superintendent’s race
- Sep 11, 4:44 AM: Frank Riggs, a former California U.S. congressman and charter school founder, narrowly won the Republican primary in the race for Arizona superintendent of public instruction, official results released Monday show.
- Funding tweaks, online school changes part of DeWine education plan
- Sep 10, 6:19 AM: Mike DeWine on Friday discussed his 17-point education plan as part of his campaign for governor, focusing on issues of less testing, more career tech options, better technology and improved college affordability.
- Column: The public school, school choice divide will color Wisconsin governor’s race
- Sep 10, 5:12 AM: On Tuesday, the first day of the school year for hundreds of thousands students in Wisconsin, Tony Evers took part in the kick-off program at Maple Tree School, a public school on the northwest side of Milwaukee.
- Teachers Target Arizona Supreme Court Justices in Elections After Tax Ruling
- Sep 6, 6:43 AM: Teachers who championed the doomed Invest in Education initiative are preparing to target two Supreme Court justices in the November election.
- Frank Riggs is winner in GOP primary for state schools chief
- > Sep 6, 5:47 AM: The Republican Party finally has its nominee for superintendent of public instruction. Final unofficial vote tallies show former California Congressman Frank Riggs with 124,666 votes, edging out Bob Branch who has been involved in
- Colun: California’s most interesting race is over education
- Sep 6, 4:52 AM: The most interesting statewide contest this year is for an office that’s little known to the public but affects arguably the most important state responsibility, K-12 education.
- On the first day of class, Hogan and Jealous battle for education-minded voters
- > Sep 5, 5:07 AM: In nearly four years in office, Hogan has emphasized seeking accountability on the billions the state already spends on school and giving more choice to parents via charter schools, vouchers and tax breaks for donations to private
- California race for schools superintendent is a proxy war
- Sep 5, 5:03 AM: The most interesting statewide contest this year is for an office that’s little known to the public but affects arguably the most important state responsibility, K-12 education.
- Scott Walker, Tony Evers talk education, governor’s race on back-to-school day
- > Sep 5, 4:47 AM: Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker and Democratic challenger Tony Evers welcomed students back to classes at two schools in southeastern Wisconsin on Tuesday, each continuing to tout education as a top priority in their bids for the
- Teachers have been walking out all year. Now they’re walking straight to the ballot box
- Sep 4, 7:36 AM: What unfolded in West Virginia, Oklahoma and Arizona last spring was not supposed to happen. Tens of thousands of teachers went on strike in bright red states where government-employee unions are weak.
- Editorial: Gov. Brown silent on the big question
- > Sep 4, 5:53 AM: The two leading candidates for governor, Republican Knute Buehler of Bend and incumbent Democrat Kate Brown, both came out with plans for Oregon’s lackluster education system this summer. Only Buehler offered a way to pay for
- Arizona Supreme Court Blocks a Ballot Measure, and Schools Miss Out on $690 Million
- > Aug 31, 5:45 AM: In a major blow to the national protest movement against classroom budget cuts and stagnant teachers’ salaries, the Arizona Supreme Court blocked a ballot initiative Wednesday that would have increased taxes on the wealthy to help