- Milwaukee Excellence Charter School is backdrop for new anti-bullying music video
- > Dec 13, 7:53 AM: A Milwaukee activist is helping several young artists create an anti-bullying music video, and they want every student in the country to see it. The Milwaukee Excellence Charter School welcomed the video shoot Tuesday, December
- Bridges Virtual Academy exceeds expectations on School Report Card
- > Dec 12, 7:39 AM: The WI Department of Public Instruction (DPI) School Report Cards, was recently released to the public. Merrill Area Public Schools’ Bridges Virtual Academy (BVA) scored a 77.2, which equates to an “Exceeds Expectations” rating.
- STEM academy to bring high school juniors to MATC campus full time
- > Dec 7, 6:16 AM: The program is a pilot for a new partnership between the Madison School District and MATC, also known as Madison College. Details of the program were presented Wednesday by coordinators at a joint meeting of the Madison School Board
- Pocan: New GAO report shows school voucher programs failing to provide students with equitable opportunities
- Dec 1, 6:59 AM: U.S. Rep. Mark Pocan, Wis., announced the findings of a new Government Accountability Office report regarding taxpayer funded school voucher programs and how they are failing to provide students with equitable opportunity.
- Sheboygan's Etude charter high school gets failing grade on Wisconsin DPI report card
- > Nov 30, 6:56 AM: The small charter school, previously known as IDEAS Academy and which contracts with the Sheboygan Area School District, was handed a “fails to meet expectations” rating in the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction’s latest
- Cambridge School Board approves outdoor charter school petition
- > Nov 30, 6:00 AM: On Monday, Nov. 20, the school board unanimously approved a petition submitted by proponents of Koshkonong Trails, a seventh through tenth-grade charter school that would be located at the Severson Learning Center, the Cambridge
- $2.1 million Initial Cost Projected For Two Lakeland Charter Schools
- Nov 29, 6:24 AM: A three-year commitment to host two charter schools for those living with autism in 7th-12th grades will cost Lakeland area schools $2.1 million, according to a financial projection prepared by school officials.
- Racine voucher results: Which schools passed, which failed?
- > Nov 21, 6:41 AM: It was the second year private schools that participate in the Racine Parental Choice Program, where some students receive state-funded tuition vouchers, were required to submit data to the Department of Public Instruction for an
- Most schools meet or exceed standards, but failures can be found in every education sector
- > Nov 21, 6:20 AM: The vast majority of Wisconsin's publicly funded schools met or exceeded state expectations for educating children in the 2016-'17 school year, according to the latest round of report cards released by the Department of Public
- “You deserve to know:” 5-star charter school system has 23 unlicensed teachers
- Nov 10, 7:18 AM: A local charter school that gets rave reviews from the state has a troubling secret. Nearly two dozen teachers do not have a valid, up-to-date, teaching license.
- This New Choice School in Milwaukee Wades Into an Already Crowded Market
- > Nov 7, 5:57 AM: St. Augustine has attracted some attention, and controversy, because of its size and its addition to an already competitive educational landscape. Ramirez hopes the academy – which is part of the state-funded Milwaukee Parental
- In an era of school choice, La Crosse area school districts work hard to get message out
- > Nov 6, 5:51 AM: La Crosse School District staff have turned to social media platforms to get their message out to students and their families. And it’s not a coincidence that the interest in telling the district’s story comes as more and more
- Private school vouchers up, program boosting enrollment at some schools
- > Oct 30, 5:36 AM: More than 3,000 students living within the Racine Unified School District boundaries are attending private schools on state funded vouchers through the Racine Parental Choice Program this year, according to data released this week
- Number of Aquinas students using vouchers increases
- Oct 25, 7:08 AM: New numbers from the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction show more students are using publicly funded vouchers to attend private schools, including La Crosse's Aquinas Catholic Schools.
- Enrollment in Wisconsin private school voucher programs climbs
- Oct 24, 5:45 AM: Enrollment in Wisconsin’s private school voucher programs was up nearly eight percent this school year.
- Fed grant for state charter schools may impact Eau Claire
- Oct 13, 7:33 AM: Now, schools like McKinley and Chippewa Valley Montessori could be in line for a big pay day - a five-year grant at more than 95-million dollars, courtesy of the U.S. Department of Education.
- Wisconsin gets $95M charter school grant from US Department of Education
- Oct 11, 7:02 AM: Wisconsin got the largest grant in the U.S. this year for charter schools, with the state education head saying the money will go to expanding schools for high school students from low-income families.
- Voucher students test similar to public students on Forward, above on ACT
- Oct 9, 5:35 AM: Recently released data on school testing shows that students in the Racine Parental Choice Program slightly outperformed their public school peers in some areas but are behind in others.
- RCCS Head of School: Voucher students come with significant academic challenges
- > Oct 4, 7:09 AM: Rock County Christian School Head of School Tim Befus said about three quarters of its voucher students are coming to the school with significant academic challenges. It's part of the reason he said the school has mixed results on