- Keeping kids safe: Las Cruces charter school implementing extra safety precautions
In the wake of the Uvalde massacre, children's safety while at school is on the mind of many parents across the country.
Aug 12, 9:56 AM:
- El Paso Harmony Public Schools invest in educators to retain them
As the national teacher shortage continues, Harmony Public Schools plans to invest in their educators to combat this issue.
Aug 8, 10:55 AM:
- Homeschooling High School: Strategies and Opportunities
With careful planning, it’s possible to graduate high school early
Aug 3, 8:06 AM:
- Harmony Public Schools Offering Virtual Option For K-12
Harmony Public Schools will offer a full virtual learning option to DFW students in kindergarten through Grade 12 when the 2022-23 school year begins in August.
Jul 27, 8:17 AM:
- Local charter to partner with LIT for early college opportunities
High school students at Evolution Academy in Beaumont will now have the opportunity to earn college credits before they receive their diplomas.
Jun 7, 8:55 AM:
- State of Texas: Abbott pledge to push for school choice brings praise, concern
- > May 16, 9:48 AM: Texas Gov. Greg Abbott’s renewed push for school vouchers is a piece of his “parental rights” platform, which itself could be a signal of future political aspirations, according to a political science and communication
- Opinion: Pause HISD’s plan to centralize school funding
- > Mar 31, 8:02 AM: Houston’s school board needs to take the time the city deserves to see if consolidating budget power back to the top is the right way to go. As such, we respectfully call for the board to stand up for the community and ensure a full
- Austin ISD seeks partnership with charter operator to turn around Mendez Middle School
- Mar 30, 8:18 AM: District leaders have used a state law that gives districts a pause from state penalties if they partner with a charter school or another entity to turn around.
- Texas schools won’t lose funding for attendance drops during the pandemic
- Mar 30, 7:56 AM: In Texas, schools are funded based on the number of students enrolled and the daily attendance on campus.
- Texas governor race: Beto O'Rourke makes push for education reform at town hall in El Paso
- Mar 29, 6:21 AM: Texas gubernatorial candidate Beto O’Rourke discussed his vision for education reform Sunday at a town hall meeting at the El Paso Community Foundation as part of his ongoing “People of Texas” state tour.
- Charter school's partnership sends teachers back to college
- > Mar 25, 8:23 AM: Special education teacher Lisa Hoyles-Taylor and pre-K teacher Tabatha Griffith had dreamed of earning their master’s degrees, but neither could take the time away from their work at a local charter school or their
- Opinion: Hispanic Texans aren’t getting behind progressive policies
- > Mar 23, 5:09 AM: On some issues, survey responses aligned overwhelmingly with Republican causes. For instance, 78% of Hispanics surveyed said they strongly or somewhat support school choice. And not just charter schools; the way that question was
- Opinion: One silver lining in the cloud of pandemic schooling: support for school choice is soaring
- > Mar 21, 5:38 AM: If you’ve paid any attention to the very public, very divisive debates over school administration, policy, curricula and academic outcomes — in Fort Worth, Southlake and several other parts of the country — you know that we have yet
- Texas is studying its chronic teacher shortages, but some experts already have a fix: Pay them more
- Mar 15, 9:31 AM: As the Texas Education Agency studies chronic teacher shortages in Texas, experts say teachers need better pay, not just easier ways into the profession.
- Texas school using private room with massage chairs to prevent teacher burnout
- Mar 9, 9:53 AM: The new space features multiple massage chairs, yoga mats and a private restroom. It was funded through a $21,000 grant from the American Federation of Teachers.
- Beto O’Rourke pledges to increase school funding, fight vouchers during Dallas campaign stop
- Mar 8, 9:38 AM: O’Rourke pledged support for teacher pay increases and more money for public schools while pushing back on the renewal of voucher efforts in the state as he gave a sweeping overview of his policy ambitions.
- Gov. Greg Abbott wants task force to examine state teacher shortage
- Mar 8, 9:20 AM: Teaching demands during the pandemic have exacerbated the nation’s teacher shortage. Abbott wants a task force to investigate.
- Dallas ISD’s ‘State Of The District’ Showcases Urban School Success
- Mar 7, 7:36 AM: Dallas ISD is back with its annual State of the District, an event that is part celebration, part report card for the community, but also a plea for North Texans to rethink what’s possible in urban public schools.
- San Antonio nonprofit organization helps parents navigate charter school process
- Mar 7, 7:15 AM: Some San Antonio school districts have several charter schools. In fact, SAISD has an entire section of its website devoted to in-district charter school programs.
- DISD’s pre-kindergarten enrollment starting to rebound after plunging during pandemic
- Feb 28, 8:23 AM: After being dealt a blow by the coronavirus pandemic, pre-kindergarten enrollment in Dallas ISD has started to rebound.