- Treasure Valley charter school look to recruit Latino students
- > Sep 13, 7:21 AM: Anthony Haskett wants his charter school to be representative of all communities in the Treasure Valley, so he’s starting early — even before breaking ground on the school — to recruit Latino students and educate their families on
- Reclaim Idaho launches education funding initiative
- Sep 5, 6:32 AM: Reclaim Idaho has filed paperwork for a voter initiative that would boost corporate and high-end individual income tax rates, and put more than $170 million a year into K-12.
- Editorial: White Pine board must restore its legitimacy
- > Sep 3, 6:25 AM: White Pine Charter School is a high-performing school full of excellent students and teachers. It has recently established the only high school in the city specializing in the fields of science, technology, engineering and
- Charter commission seeks to weather the storm after a summer of controversy (CER in the news)
- > Aug 30, 8:35 AM: As Idaho’s charter school sector grows, reaching an enrollment of 25,000 students, the commission has become a polarizing force. Some charter leaders still defend the commission, despite recent missteps. Reed has been trying to mend
- Charter school shows academic improvement as advocates point to bias
- Aug 23, 5:57 AM: The embattled charter school that was criticized by state leaders for poor academic performance saw significant growth this year on its standardized test scores.
- 98 percent of Idaho teachers earn top marks on evaluations
- Aug 6, 7:32 AM: More than 98 percent of Idaho teachers earned one of the top two overall scores on their evaluations during the 2018-19 school year.
- Idaho Public Charter School Commission takes responsibility for comments, open meeting violations
- Aug 2, 7:49 AM: The Idaho Public Charter School commission has taken responsibility for violating Idaho’s Open Meeting Law and undergone training after complaints were raised following a recorded April executive session.
- Jerome 'unlikely' to oversee Heritage Academy
- Aug 1, 7:33 AM: Jerome School District Superintendent Dale Layne “would be surprised” if trustees in his district agreed to take over Heritage Academy’s operating charter.
- More than 2,000 New Charter School Seats to Open this Fall
- Jul 31, 4:52 AM: At least 2,274 new charter school seats will open up across Idaho this school year.
- A.G.'s office: Charter commission appeared to violate open meeting law
- > Jul 26, 6:46 AM: The Idaho Attorney General's office has found that the Public Charter School Commission appeared to violate Idaho’s open meeting law during a closed-door meeting in April, Idaho Education News reports. Attorney General Lawrence
- Advocates' Group Wants the State to Disband its Charter Commission
- Jul 25, 7:11 AM: A charter school advocacy group wants the state to disband the commission that oversees most of Idaho’s charter schools.
- City commission orders embattled charter school to stop using facility
- Jul 25, 7:07 AM: With the new school year approaching, Blackfoot’s planning and zoning commission is ordering Bingham Academy to stop using its existing facility.
- Opinion: Charter School Commission Executive Session Comments were Hurtful
- > Jul 17, 5:37 AM: The Commission does not exist to advocate for charter schools, nor to denigrate them. I sincerely hope that this episode will not diminish that role or cause people to lose faith in public charter schools or use it as a reason to
- ISJ Editorial: Charter school commission, state’s leaders must address audio recording controversy
- Jul 15, 6:59 AM: The standoff between several of the state’s charter schools and the state commission that oversees them has escalated to the point that now the Idaho Attorney General’s Office is involved.
- Opinion: What went wrong? The Idaho charter school movement
- Jul 11, 5:25 AM: The Idaho charter school movement is failing. The schools are not failing. The leadership is failing.
- Idaho Coalition of Charter School Families blasts State Charter School Commission over closed-door meeting
- Jul 8, 5:13 AM: The Idaho Coalition of Charter School Families is speaking out about an Idaho Public Charter School Commission closed-door meeting that was accidentally recorded and then released.
- Idaho education lacks accountability. Leaders seek answers through task force
- Jul 2, 6:07 AM: The chairman of the Senate Education Committee told an education task force Monday that he is worried about accountability in education and student success.
- Idaho Coalition of Charter School Families blasts State Charter School Commission over audio recording
- > Jun 28, 5:22 AM: A recently released audio recording of an illegal executive session held on April 11, 2019, by the Idaho Public Charter School Commission, unveils a troubling track record of deception, manipulation, philosophical bias, and
- Idaho charter school commission chair responds to criticism from charter schools after accidental release of audio recording
- Jun 24, 7:57 AM: An audio recording of an Idaho Public Charter School Commission closed-door meeting has prompted two charter schools to express doubts about the commission’s integrity and oversight.
- Charter network pushes back on Caldwell School District fees
- > Jun 21, 7:16 AM: In March, the Caldwell School District board of trustees approved a policy asking charter and private schools to pay reimbursement fees if students from those schools want to participate in classes or sports programs through the