- Charter school's sports growing
- > Sep 6, 5:42 AM: The new school year at Royal Live Oaks Academy charter school in Hardeeville is bringing with it new athletic opportunities for students. Royal Live Oaks, which last year began competing in SCHSL Region 4-A, added varsity cross
- Want more school choice in Bibb County? District needs your feedback
- > Sep 6, 4:58 AM: The 13-question survey will be used to gauge awareness of current learning opportunities, interest in current magnet schools, and what additional programs and themes should be added in the future, he said. The district wants to
- Students hitting the books at home in their pjs or on the road through K-12 cyber schools
- Sep 1, 5:03 AM: Georgia Cyber Academy had about 14,000 students last year and now has about 500 kids from Middle Georgia. Georgia Connections has 4,000 students and 91 from Middle Georgia, including 53 in Macon.
- Education poll: Georgians less likely to prefer public school
- Aug 29, 7:01 AM: A new educational poll shows how Georgia sentiments vary from those in the rest of the nation on issues like the value of racial diversity and the importance of school choice.
- Susie King Taylor charter school offers unique atmosphere, education
- > Aug 25, 5:03 AM: The new charter school, which opened this year at the historic Notre Dame Academy building at Bull and 34th streets, serves 180 students in grades kindergarten through fourth. Fifth and sixth grades will be added next year.
- Coweta Charter Academy shows strong performance
- Aug 23, 5:46 AM: Charter schools are challenged with doing more with less funding. One indicator of success for a charter school is its academic performance compared to the local school system.
- Some West Georgia students going online to attend public school
- > Aug 21, 4:48 AM: Its 2017-2018 academic year began Aug. 7 for more than 3,800 students statewide. About 100 Douglas County students and 120 Paulding County students are enrolled in Georgia Connections for the 2017-18 school year, according to the
- New charter school opens doors for first time
- Aug 16, 6:33 AM: Excitement could be felt in the hallways and classrooms of the new School for Arts Infused Learning, as faculty and staff put the final touches on their rooms before welcoming its first students during open house Friday.
- Public schools feeling bite from charter schools in Atlanta
- Aug 16, 5:23 AM: Traditionally it's been public schools who educate the majority of our students, but they are feeling the bite from charter schools as school choice gradually expands.
- Charter school teacher brings growth to self-directed learning program
- Aug 14, 6:32 AM: She said the self-directed learning environment is a unique benefit of the program which students in a public school setting do not get to experience.
- eSTEAM Academy to give Pinckneyville, Summerour students options for high school
- > Aug 9, 5:46 AM: For the first time, students from these schools will have the option of which high school they attend. Among the choices are the Junior Achievement Academy at Norcross High, the International Baccalaureate Program at Norcross High
- Local charter school at risk for the upcoming school year
- Aug 1, 5:39 AM: School starts on Thursday, but this charter school gets off to a bumpy start to the school year. Savannah Classical Academy was recently notified by the Georgia Department of Education that they are ranked as failing.
- State places Classical Academy Charter School on probation for test scores, organizational issues
- > Jul 31, 6:38 AM: For three years running, the charter school has not met or exceeded state or local averages on Georgia’s accountability system, called The College and Career Ready Performance Index. Classical Academy’s 2016 CCRPI score is 51.8 for
- Students prepare to start online classes
- Jul 31, 5:09 AM: Students across Georgia are getting ready to go back to school, but some are doing it a little differently than others. Online education has become a reality for many families right here in South Georgia.
- New Charter School Celebrates Grand Opening on First Day of School
- > Jul 27, 6:35 AM: Its emphasis on place-based education and basis in the Peaceful Schools model sets it apart from other schools in the area, offering parents and students a unique educational choice. Grades 5 and 6 will be added in the fall of 2018,
- Arts focused learning at area’s first charter school
- > Jul 26, 6:11 AM: After working out of a temporary trailer at the school site off Blanchard Woods Road for most of the summer, administrators said they are excited about the opening of the unique school, which is the first charter school in the
- Three APS turnaround schools start classes early
- Jul 26, 5:40 AM: Price MS, Slater Elementary and Thomasville Heights Elementary are the schools now being run as partner schools by the nonprofit Purpose-Built Schools.
- Gainesville, Hall families take advantage of school choice options
Today, parents and students have a variety of choices of schools and programs and can choose to attend school in other areas where there is space available.
Jul 17, 5:57 AM:
- Duval Superintendent Wants Charter Schools Director; Board To Vote Monday
- Jul 11, 6:33 AM: Duval County Public Schools interim Superintendent Patricia Willis is recommending the district create a charter school director position, one of more than 20 administration changes.
- DeKalb Schools invests $150,000 in convocation and PR campaign
- Jul 11, 5:45 AM: The DeKalb County School District is investing $50,000 in a public relations campaign built around how much people love the schools.