- Little Rock charter school’s revisions going to hearing
- > Jun 18, 6:25 AM: The Arkansas Board of Education voted 6-0 Thursday to hold a hearing on whether to allow the Friendship Aspire Academy charter school to open its Little Rock campus in August — a year earlier and in a different part of the city —
- Springdale charter school looks to improve
- Jun 4, 7:40 AM: Ozark Montessori Academy officials said they are focused on improving the academics that earned the charter school a D grade on this year's report card from the state.
- Bentonville charter school celebrates first graduates
- > May 21, 7:12 AM: Classical Academy graduate Houston White laughs as teacher Bruce Horswell shares personal stories during a graduation ceremony Sunday at Avondale Chapel and Gardens in Bentonville. Northwest Arkansas Classical Academy, a charter
- Friendship charter school clears first hurdle for 2018 start date in Little Rock
- > May 17, 6:40 AM: On Thursday, the Education Department’s charter authorizing panel cleared the way for Friendship Public Charter Schools to open a facility in Little Rock in fall 2018 — one year ahead of schedule — over the objections of Little Rock
- 7 schools set sights on 5 state charters; 3 proposed for Pulaski County
- May 7, 6:48 AM: Seven applicants want to set up new open-enrollment charter schools across Arkansas, but there's not enough room for all of them.
- Opinion: How Charter Schools Improve Student Outcomes
- May 1, 7:11 AM: Charter schools improve student outcomes because they bring competition to public schools. In many districts, there are not any schools, private or charter, other than the traditional public schools.
- Little Rock charter school's funding is focus of May hearing
- > Apr 30, 5:08 AM: The future of Rockbridge Montessori Public Charter School in Little Rock, in jeopardy of not having sufficient funds to complete this school year, will be the subject of a hearing May 16 before the state's Charter Authorizing
- Little Rock charter schools facing challenges for fall semester
- Apr 27, 6:52 AM: A Monday afternoon meeting of the Charter Authorizing Panel at the Arkansas Department of Education began to put one Little Rock school on notice and ended with another potential school rushing to get heard.
- Charter school's funding is focus of May hearing
- > Apr 27, 6:03 AM: The future of Rockbridge Montessori Public Charter School in Little Rock, in jeopardy of not having sufficient funds to complete this school year, will be the subject of a hearing May 16 before the state's Charter Authorizing
- Belief in equal education falls in LR, survey shows
- > Apr 25, 7:17 AM: The results of a recent University of Arkansas at Little Rock survey on race, ethnicity and education show that a majority of black respondents who live in Little Rock -- 58 percent -- don't believe all children have an equal chance
- Charter school director considering run for Little Rock board seat
- Apr 19, 6:14 AM: Tatum said in a news release that she wants to run to support education, launch community initiatives and partner with entities to provide resources to communities.
- 2nd LR charter looks at using Garland school
- > Apr 19, 5:21 AM: A recent decision by one charter school organization to terminate its plan to open a campus at the former Garland School in the Little Rock School District has prompted another charter school operator to pursue the use of the site,
- Charter operator calls to end Little Rock work
- Apr 11, 4:37 AM: A New Orleans news organization is reporting that the board of directors for Einstein Charter Schools has authorized its new interim chief executive officer to end its plans to expand into Arkansas.
- Walton effort to offer charter school loans
- Apr 9, 6:24 AM: Operators of open-enrollment charter schools in Arkansas and across the country are getting easier, more affordable access to loans to buy or build school buildings.
- High school starts virtual internship program
- Apr 6, 6:47 AM: An internship is part of the curriculum for juniors at Cross County High School, but not every industry is represented in the rural community.
- House candidates speak on charter schools
- > Mar 22, 5:34 AM: Both candidates for the state House District 86 race expressed misgivings about charter schools as currently authorized by the state. Nicole Clowney and Mark Kinion are running as Democrats for the House seat being vacated by Rep.
- Democratic candidate for governor calls bill 'backdoor school voucher program'
- Mar 16, 5:34 AM: The Democratic challenger against Republican Asa Hutchinson for governor of Arkansas has called a bill that allows 529 college savings funds to be withdrawn for K-12 tuition a "backdoor school voucher program."
- Bills to expand use of 529 plans handily advance
- Mar 15, 5:48 AM: The Arkansas Senate and House of Representatives on Wednesday handily approved bills that would extend tax breaks for 529 college savings plans to money used for tuition at private elementary and secondary schools.
- LISA Academy gets OK to expand in Sherwood
- Mar 9, 6:44 AM: The LISA Academy charter school system received final state approval Thursday on its plan to build a secondary school campus in Sherwood and increase its enrollment cap for all of its campuses by 600 to a total of 2,700.
- School of Innovation gives students more flexibility
- > Mar 9, 6:25 AM: The Newport School District is sharing success stories from a new method of education that they began in the fall of 2016. It’s called the School of Innovation. The program gives students more freedom to work at their own pace and